D&D 5E Treantmonk's Guide to Wizards 5e

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
@Treantmonk: do you have a guide to a druid equivalent of the God Wizard?

I cast summon [MENTION=55582]Treantmonklvl20[/MENTION] !

x5hc6XO.gif

Last edited:

I did a Valor Bard build that was basically a god-bard with medium armor and shield. The response was lukewarm I must say. Still, I liked it.

I'm leaning towards Moon Druid for the build since Moon Druids are FAR more common than all other druid types (for good reason - at lower levels, Combat Wildshape is fantastic, and at higher levels, you get the same great spellcasting), on the other hand, maybe I should make another kind of Druid just to show that you don't have to be a Moon Druid to be effective...I'm a bit torn.

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
I did a Valor Bard build that was basically a god-bard with medium armor and shield. The response was lukewarm I must say. Still, I liked it.

I'm leaning towards Moon Druid for the build since Moon Druids are FAR more common than all other druid types (for good reason - at lower levels, Combat Wildshape is fantastic, and at higher levels, you get the same great spellcasting), on the other hand, maybe I should make another kind of Druid just to show that you don't have to be a Moon Druid to be effective...I'm a bit torn.

The problem with the Valor Bard build was that it didn't stab anything: Nobody doubted the effectiveness of a Stock Bard, they only lamented that the entire Valor Bard Subclass is as useful to the Stock Bard as the Moderately Armored feat, and far less useful than other Subclass options.

Which is similar to the problem with Druids as well. Most everyone can see that a Subclass-less Druid is a powerful caster. However, the Moon Druid lets you also be a considerable threat in melee combat with oodles of exploration ability as a happy consequence of the improved Wildshape ability. If you are going with a less popular subclass, you have to prove that subclass specifically is worth their time.

jgsugden

Legend
People always forget the greatest asset of Land druids - all those extra prepared spells - like a cleric. Having 10 extra prepared spells is huge. Anyone that has struggled to select their wizard spells knows exactly what I mean.

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
Bonus cantrip, natural recovery, circle spells, all good stuff from Circle of the Land druids. I agree, I'd like to see a build from Treantmonk for that subclass.

Yunru

Banned
Banned
People always forget the greatest asset of Land druids - all those extra prepared spells - like a cleric. Having 10 extra prepared spells is huge. Anyone that has struggled to select their wizard spells knows exactly what I mean.
No no, clearly it's Arcane Recovery!

lyracian

Villager
I really enjoyed your guide since I prefer playing controlling rather than blasting Wizards. Thank you for all the effort you put into it.

For the Diviner I think a 5 Star rating on "Expert Divination" is too high. A little bit of extra arcane recovery is nice but it is quite limited as you need to have already cast a lower level spell first and there are not that many Divination spells you are going to cast during the adventuring day.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases