• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Trident named "Drown" question

Mock Mood Hi Ya

First Post
I am a player in a 5e game and my character picked up a fancy shmancy Trident that can float on water and is magical. My DM showed me a blurp about it; the thing is called "Drown" and it belonged to some Water Prophet dude. Over 24 hours it will attune to my character and my character will suffer the "flaws" section of it. He showed me the flaw section but I read it really fast cause we were leaving. I only remember something about becoming covetous and such. Does anyone on here have a way to send me the flaw part and help me with ideas to role play it out? I am sure there are ways around not having to be subjected to it's magical powers (like, uh, just tossing it away lol) but I am hoping there's some cool pros to counteract the flaw, and I kinda want to see how the group responds. Thanks guys and gals.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Sounds like it's the weapon from the Princes of Elemental Evil AP. If you have access to the adventure all the details will be there. It's a legendary weapon so it will be pretty powerful, even with the flaws.

Mock Mood Hi Ya

First Post
I only have the PHB and have tried looking online but can not find anything on it about the flaws. Mainly just find that is is a legendary weapon weilded by some water prophet.

Mock Mood Hi Ya

First Post
I only have the PHB and have tried looking online but can not find anything on it about the flaws. Mainly just find that is is a legendary weapon weilded by some water prophet.

Remathilis

Legend
Flaw. Drown makes its wielder covetous. While attuned to the weapon, you gain the following flaw: "I demand and deserve the largest share of the spoils, and I refuse to part with anything that's mine."

From Princes of the Apocalypse. It has other, nastier flaws as well, but you will need to find those out on your own.

Lanliss

Explorer
Sounds like it's the weapon from the Princes of Elemental Evil AP. If you have access to the adventure all the details will be there. It's a legendary weapon so it will be pretty powerful, even with the flaws.

Since it appears OP is a player in that campaign, it is possible that He/she does not own the book, so as to avoid spoilers.

I own that book, but cannot look into it, as I am a player in the game being run. Sorry I cannot help more. Will not be coming back here, in case someone actually answers, as I don't want spoilers. Good luck OP.

Mock Mood Hi Ya

First Post
Thank you guys. So, Ramathilis, our party has eight characters, so we divide coin up by 8 of course. What, from a RP point, would my character demand I'm thinking, for example, if we loot some bodies and come away with 100 GP my character (who is a barbarian) would demand 20 GP instead of 12, or would it be more like he takes 80 percent (80 GP) and tosses the remaining 20 to them to divvy between themselves. I don't plan on this to last long, probably not even until the next big encounter, but everyone at the table are decent role players but I am kind of a newb and not good at the rp aspect so I want to at least do something half way decent with the rp side.

Azurewraith

Explorer
Thank you guys. So, Ramathilis, our party has eight characters, so we divide coin up by 8 of course. What, from a RP point, would my character demand I'm thinking, for example, if we loot some bodies and come away with 100 GP my character (who is a barbarian) would demand 20 GP instead of 12, or would it be more like he takes 80 percent (80 GP) and tosses the remaining 20 to them to divvy between themselves. I don't plan on this to last long, probably not even until the next big encounter, but everyone at the table are decent role players but I am kind of a newb and not good at the rp aspect so I want to at least do something half way decent with the rp side.

That sounds like a good idea other things to think about would be an obsession with drown itself and your other possessions. Maybe begin to covet something another pc owns.

darjr

I crit!
That other PC doesn't own that! It's been yours this whole time! Remember? They're just using it! And badly, they might break it, you'd better get it back.

…our party has eight characters, so we divide coin up by 8 of course.

"Of course? Of course? Of course not!

I'm the one at the front getting stabbed by our enemies! I'm the one taking the pain. I'm the one bleeding for the party while the rest of you cast spells and shoot bows from safety. We should divide all loot by 9 and give me 2 shares. It's the only fair way."

Remove ads