TSR TSR CON is running at the same time as Gary Con in Lake Geneva

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
Personally, I'd rather stay at home than attend a con with a mask mandate. Wearing a mask all day is a pain in the ass.

I'd also rather stay at home than attend a con without a mask mandate. That's just not safe in the current situation!

Guess I'll be staying at home for a while...
Same here. Wearing a mask all day long at a convention sounds terrible, and making myself (and my entire household) sick for days and days also sounds terrible. I'll pass.

Last edited:

Saracenus

Always In School Gamer
Personally, I'd rather stay at home than attend a con with a mask mandate. Wearing a mask all day is a pain in the ass.

I'd also rather stay at home than attend a con without a mask mandate. That's just not safe in the current situation!

I feel you on this. Considering the R factor of the Omnicron variant I would not be using anything less than a fitted N95 and those things are the very opposite of comfortable. On the plus size it would mute some of the general noise in the gaming hall... silver lining?

Zardnaar

Legend

Not American but I wouldn't be going to either one.

Be interesting to see the turnout. If he was smart he would run at a different time same location. Eg WrestleMania weekend and the other indies run shows as well.

Then again smarts seem to in short supply. Must be a logistical problem from Covid Ernie forgot to order them from China.

darjr

I crit!
such a perfect example of what is wrong with thier whole “everyone is welcome” malarkey.

“No politics at the table” But our default, stated in our freaking adverts, and probably plastered everywhere, ill advised politics are the default and may severely hurt you or even kill you, or your loved ones.

And they do understand that forcing the status quoe, theirs, is the whole point.

Stormonu

Legend
Considering the times I’ve come home with Concrud, masks doesn’t seem a bad idea - though if you’re sitting in a confined area for 6+ hours with a few hundred people, that’s probably not going to help all that much, especially if you aren’t checking people’s health at the door (not vaccine status, I mean health status).

Saracenus

Always In School Gamer
Considering the times I’ve come home with Concrud, masks doesn’t seem a bad idea - though if you’re sitting in a confined area for 6+ hours with a few hundred people, that’s probably not going to help all that much, especially if you aren’t checking people’s health at the door (not vaccine status, I mean health status).
I was at PAX Prime when H1N1 hit it hard. Fortunately for me it passed me by but I had friends that got it and it floored them. Concrud can be no joke.

Gradine

The Elephant in the Room (she/her)
Can't be a superspreader event if nobody shows up
Think About It Reaction GIF by Identity

Remove ads