TSR TSR CON is running at the same time as Gary Con in Lake Geneva

Saracenus

Always In School Gamer
OMG, I buried the lede... TSR Con is being run out of the Dungeon Hobby Shop Museum... And the events listed for all 4 days don't even total up to the first 4 hour block of Gary Con. Also, the badge prices are quite reasonable at $5 a day to get into the door (you pay to play at each table) and there about 399 badges available each day... well less on Sunday...

What is the Fire Marshall capacity of the Dungeon Hobby Shop Museum?

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
OMG, I buried the lede... TSR Con is being run out of the Dungeon Hobby Shop Museum... And the events listed for all 4 days don't even total up to the first 4 hour block of Gary Con. Also, the badge prices are quite reasonable at $5 a day to get into the door (you pay to play at each table) and there about 399 badges available each day... well less on Sunday...
For $5, there are probably some GaryCon attendees willing to pony up to see what all the fuss is about. A pity, really.

Flexor the Mighty!

18/100 Strength!
There were times when I was at GC that I could have mosied over and taken a look at the HSD. But not for a full badge price.

Edit - just saw it was 5 bucks to get in

toucanbuzz

No rule is inviolate
What is the Fire Marshall capacity of the Dungeon Hobby Shop Museum?
1641339561340.png

Tales and Chronicles

Jewel of the North, formerly know as vincegetorix
I'd rather go to the Museum of Cranberry Farming.

Maybe they have some good cranberry-adjacent RPGs?
There's probably a 5e setting based on cranberry farming somewhere out there; there's a 5e setting on everything nowadays. Or creepy fan-fiction; there's also a lot of that going on (The new Salvatore's book: Drizzt romance a Unadrow Were-Cranberry!).

Added bonus? It is not managed by toxic ass-hats!

(I think. I'd have to get back to you on this...)

Faolyn

(she/her)
LaNasa had the audacity to ask Luke for $5000 for the right for GaryCon badge holders to also get into TSR Con for free.

Luke said a hard no.

Their entire convention is nothing but another grift; another way to try to get money without doing any actual work.
Wait, hang on. "You give me money and I'll people into my con for free"? How does that work, like, at all? Was there some twisted logic that would have this benefit Luke in some way?

Remove ads