TUW: The Outpost

Waynan

Adventurer
Supporter
Raven Elk, hearing Vittero's report about the perverted version of the Dawn Church set up so close to home, says:
"We need to address this situation so close to our home, my friends."
He then looks to Vittero,
"I wish you were coming with us, for we could use your battle skill; but I know you are doing good things here, so I will not press the issue."
 

log in or register to remove this ad

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
Taylar will make the rounds among his friends at Refuge and continue to encourage them and tell exaggerated stories of the Outliers travels.
He nods at Raven Elk, "Let us investigate this new temple, but what will we say our reason for being there is? The last time we tried the 'traveling traders' ruse, no one believed us."
73
 

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Raven Elk... says...
Taylar will...
The tavern, of course, was the second public building renovated after the temple. As is the nature of Maldrog's within such a festive environment. Taylar draws plenty of wanted attention. Everyone listens intently, cheering at the successes and groaning at near disasters. No one suspects exaggeration or false bravado. The three active Outliers are well respected for their exploits. Maybe one day such reputation will garner more active support; but as yet, no one has been willing to step up and make a difference.

The "near" village is not really so near and generates some concern at the distance that the influence of the Cathedral of West Cove is spreading. Using Vittero and his father, Plasimon, as examples, the religion of itself cannot be a bad thing, but dictatorial control of a populace can be nothing but malevolent.

The respite is enjoyed but the time comes to move along. Equipping themselves for a long walk, there seems to be not reason to not follow the road up to Outpost, then east to this unknown village. Being closer to Boga City, the village surely sees visits from tribes other than Markidians.

The trip up to Outpost and any desired business in town is pleasantly uneventful.
Taylar: 41(perception) + 31(enhanced hearing) + 73(d100) = 145
Raven Elk: 32 + 40(enhanced smell) + 50 = 122
Adisakti: 42 + 42 + 75 = 159
During the second day of travel, away from Outpost, Adisakti, who is walking on the right flank, makes a predetermined noise to indicate that he wishes to halt. Once still Taylar gets the same prickly sensation that evidently causes Adisakti to stop. It is the distinct impression of being watched.

At this location, there are few and rather small trees on the north side of the road. There is mostly brush and small trees to the south, with larger trees much farther south. To the north the land will be progress into prairieland.

The brush to the south is thick, plenty thick enough to hide danger. Whatever has gotten the men's attention must be coming from that direction, though nothing can be readily seen.
Taylar: full wellness
Bracers: 16
Spaulders: 18 - 2 - 1 = 15
Tunic: 57 - 2 - 6 - 2 - 6 - 6 = 35
Raven Elk: full wellness
Buckler: 19
tunic: 57 - 4 - 6 - 1 = 46
Adisakti: full wellness
tunic: 49
Bracers: 19 - 2 = 17
OOC: Current Inventory:
harnin short swords: 21 ( 14 in Refuge)
bronze colored Dancer's Spike
harnin Longsword
Coins:
marks: 141

Animal Parts:
Feline Leg Bone: 1. ??

Minerals:
Coal: 1: {Heat x3}
dark green opaque: 1: ??
Slate: 62: {Thump x2}
Flint: 4 {Heat x2}
Bloodstone: 2: {Confluence +1}
Sunstone: 7: {Persona +1, Muddle x2}
Heartstone: 5: {Confluence +1}
Lodestone: 1 {shock x2}

Ores:
Zinc Ingots: 1: {Health +1, Mend x2}
Tin Ingot: 1: {Persona +1, Muddle x2}
Lead Ingot: 10: {- Body x2}
Iron Ingot: 1 {Confluence +1, Mend x2}
Calcium Ingot: 1: {Cohesion +1, Restore x2}

Plants:
Lighter Pine: 7 measures {heat x2}

Unknown Items:
Angry Spirit Dust: ??
Acolyte Avery's Ledger (In Refuge)
DoD Training Ledger (In Refuge)
OOC: Each character receives 5 DP. State intentions and nominal actions. Provide a random roll.
 
Last edited:

Eric Zephlaer

Gaming Aficianado
Adisakti nods at his two friends and proceeds to backtrack about 30 strides, before drawing his weapons and running headlong into the brush on the southern side of the road, angling his bath to stop perpendicular to his original position. As he runs, he will augment his athleticism and camouflage his skin.
OOC: 73
 


MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Adisakti nods... backtrack about 30 strides... running headlong... athleticism and camouflage...
Taylar will... Motility... assist Adisakti...
Taylar: 41(perception) + 31(enhanced hearing) + 73(d100) = 145
Raven Elk: 32 + 40(enhanced smell) + 50 = 122
Adisakti: 42 + 42 + 75 = 159
Nashurins: 32(conceal) + 75(d100) + 50(cover) = 157
Raven Elk looks to the movement of his two friends and backs toward the far side of the road. He holds his spear defensively as his skin begins to develop its myriad of coloration to match the background
Taylar: 33(motility)
Raven Elk: 40(camouflage)
Adisakti: 42(athletics)
Even though he is running headlong into the cover along the side of the road, Adisakti notices the movement of a dark-skinned individual, just before it fires an arrow at him. Taylar more senses that he is being targeted but does not track the culprit until after he fires. Raven Elk, being farther from the enemy ambush, cannot yet locate them.
Nashurins: 53 + 75(d100) = 128 + 50(range) = 178

Taylar: 41(avoidance) + 26(analysis) + 56( d100) = 123
178 - 123 = 55 + 12(surprise) = 67% * 8 = 5 - 12
Raven Elk: 32 + 30 + 50 = 112
178 - 112 = 66 + 35(surprise) = 101 - 40(camo) = 61% * 8 = 5 - 8
Adisakti: 42 + 30 + 73 = 145
178 - 145 = 33% * 8 = 3 - 2(tunic) = 1
As Adisakti attempt to jump to the side, he is nicked by an arrow. Taylar and Raven Elk both take a shaft full on but neither suffers much effect as the arrows cannot penetrate their clothing.

Adisakti and Taylar can both see their enemy archers as they are trying to redraw for a second arrow. Raven Elk, as yet, cannot specifically locate an enemy to target.
Taylar: full wellness
Bracers: 16
Spaulders: 18 - 2 - 1 = 15
Tunic: 57 - 2 - 6 - 2 - 6 - 6 = 35 - 2 = 33
Raven Elk: full wellness
Buckler: 19
tunic: 57 - 4 - 6 - 1 = 46 - 2 = 44
Adisakti:: Body: 10 - 1 = 9, irritated.
tunic: 49 - 1 = 48
Bracers: 19 - 2 = 17
OOC: Current Inventory:
harnin short swords: 21 ( 14 in Refuge)
bronze colored Dancer's Spike
harnin Longsword
Coins:
marks: 141

Animal Parts:
Feline Leg Bone: 1. ??

Minerals:
Coal: 1: {Heat x3}
dark green opaque: 1: ??
Slate: 62: {Thump x2}
Flint: 4 {Heat x2}
Bloodstone: 2: {Confluence +1}
Sunstone: 7: {Persona +1, Muddle x2}
Heartstone: 5: {Confluence +1}
Lodestone: 1 {shock x2}

Ores:
Zinc Ingots: 1: {Health +1, Mend x2}
Tin Ingot: 1: {Persona +1, Muddle x2}
Lead Ingot: 10: {- Body x2}
Iron Ingot: 1 {Confluence +1, Mend x2}
Calcium Ingot: 1: {Cohesion +1, Restore x2}

Plants:
Lighter Pine: 7 measures {heat x2}

Unknown Items:
Angry Spirit Dust: ??
Acolyte Avery's Ledger (In Refuge)
DoD Training Ledger (In Refuge)
OOC: Each character receives 5 DP. State intentions. Provide two random roll.
 
Last edited:

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
Taylar intends to manipulate waylines to blur his image and make it harder for an enemy to hit. He intends to charge and shout his battle cry, "Du magst also zulfallige Gewalt!"
He will strike with his bludgeons.
74, 64
 
Last edited:

Eric Zephlaer

Gaming Aficianado
Adisakti will forsake trying to camouflage his skin, since he was not able to do so before making contact with the enemy. He intends to crowd the archer, forcing him into melee. He will target either arm with his first assault.
OOC: 52
 

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Taylar intends to... blur... will strike...
Adisakti will... crowd... target either arm...
Taylar: 54(readiness) + 43(speed) + 26(clarity) + 74(d100) = 197
Raven Elk:
Adisakti: 38 + 36 + 42 + 68 = 184

Nashurins: 24 + 35 + 13 + 78 = 150
Taylar: 200(bending) - 197 = 3
Raven Elk:
Adisakti: 200(sword) - 184 = 16

Nashurins: 300 - 150 = 150
Taylar: 33(motility), 30(soullessness)
Raven Elk: 40(camouflage)
Adisakti: 42(athletics)
Taylar: 55(aggression) + 43(accuracy) + 33(fury) + 74(d100) = 205
Raven Elk:
Adisakti: 38(finesse) + 36 + 42(clarity) + 68 = 184 + 42(athletics) = 226

Nashurins: 24(readiness) + 35(avoidance) + 13(analysis) + 78 = 150
205 - 150 = 55% * 12 = 7
226 - 150 = 76% * 22 = 16
Nashurins: 53

Taylar: 41(avoidance) + 26(analysis) +
Raven Elk: 32 + 30 + 50 = 112
Adisakti: 42 + 30 +
As the Outliers later learn this is typical behavior for a Nashurin ambush, no orther arrow is fired at Raven Elk. This tribe of people lays an ambush always hoping for easy pickings. If the target proves otherwise, they tactically attempt to disengage. There is no telling how many members were in the party, for only the two who had the misfortune of engaging Taylar and Adisakti were known. The others, evidently, scattered into the brush.

The image of Taylar does not physically blur as he bends Mystical waylines, nor does his skin mimic his surroundings like that of Raven Elk, but an observer suddenly has difficulty maintaining his focus on the man, even though he is not hidden. Such is the mannerism of the soullessness talent.

Taylar hits his enemy twice before he can draw a second arrow. The first blow catches the ribcage on the man's left, knocking the wind from him. The second catches the side of his head, knocking him out cold.

The archer with Adisakti fares no better. He takes a sword across his draw arm, which severs off the hand. The second blow punctures the ribcage, venting a lung. The man bleeds out in only four seconds. Adisakti shakes his head, irritated at having to bloody his swords on such a pathetic opponent. Tayalr looks over at his friend and rolls his whole head in a dismayed display. The two men see that they face no others.
Taylar: full wellness
Bracers: 16
Spaulders: 18 - 2 - 1 = 15
Tunic: 57 - 2 - 6 - 2 - 6 - 6 = 35 - 2 = 33
Raven Elk: full wellness
Buckler: 19
tunic: 57 - 4 - 6 - 1 = 46 - 2 = 44
Adisakti:: Body: 10 - 1 = 9, irritated.
tunic: 49 - 1 = 48
Bracers: 19 - 2 = 17
OOC: Current Inventory:
harnin short swords: 21 ( 14 in Refuge)
bronze colored Dancer's Spike
harnin Longsword
Coins:
marks: 141

Animal Parts:
Feline Leg Bone: 1. ??

Minerals:
Coal: 1: {Heat x3}
dark green opaque: 1: ??
Slate: 62: {Thump x2}
Flint: 4 {Heat x2}
Bloodstone: 2: {Confluence +1}
Sunstone: 7: {Persona +1, Muddle x2}
Heartstone: 5: {Confluence +1}
Lodestone: 1 {shock x2}

Ores:
Zinc Ingots: 1: {Health +1, Mend x2}
Tin Ingot: 1: {Persona +1, Muddle x2}
Lead Ingot: 10: {- Body x2}
Iron Ingot: 1 {Confluence +1, Mend x2}
Calcium Ingot: 1: {Cohesion +1, Restore x2}

Plants:
Lighter Pine: 7 measures {heat x2}

Unknown Items:
Angry Spirit Dust: ??
Acolyte Avery's Ledger (In Refuge)
DoD Training Ledger (In Refuge)
OOC: Each character receives 5 DP. State intentions. Provide a random roll.
 

Eric Zephlaer

Gaming Aficianado
Feeling a little irritated, not only by the minor damage, but, also, by the fact that some inept indigent nomad thought to ambush him and his friends, Adisakti makes sure the enemy at his feet is dead, then spits on his corpse. He does not bother to search him, doubting that he would have carried anything of value.
 

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
... Adisakti makes sure...
As Adisakti and Taylar move back from the brush to the road, Raven Elk shrugs a gesture of inquiry that receives little response, as not much of one is necessary. It was foolish of the young Nashurins to have attempted such an ambush. Two of them will, for certain, never again make such a mistake. Camp is made, not too long and not too far from the incident. The night is unpleasantly cool, as sometimes happens during the Chilling Season.

57E7575F-DB88-4BCF-9DA2-BEAD66775A55.jpeg

OOC: 1 square = 1 hour walking. The party is on the road west of trees west of Westford, which happens to be the name of the village to which the Outliers were heading.

Breaking camp early, to help warm the body, the men continue walking on their way. Birds begin to call as the morning sun peeks into view. As the sun just tops the treeline that can be seen in the distance, a larger traveling party seems to be breaking camp up ahead.

As the three men get closer, they can see that the party is a group of soldiers accompanying an ox-pulled wagon. As the men get within hailing distance, the soldiers are prepared to march. The coloration and insignia of their tunics indicates that they are Cathedral Soldiers. There are four men in a quad formation in front of the single ox cart, and four more behind. The soldiers seem to be trying to maintain a walking distance of about 20 strides from the cart. The ox, which is trained to pull the cart, is being guided by voice commands and a long rope.

On the cart is a cage, constructed from small timbers. Walking still closer, before being hailed by the soldiers, the men can see through the narrow gaps in the timbers that the cage does not hold some fearsome animal but, instead, a young woman, who looks like she may be of the Centrin tribe, her coloration being identical to those of the village visited, some time back, north of the Iron Mine. The girl makes eye contact through the bars, despite the distance. Her clothing begins to steam as she is, obviously, bending thermal waylines to warm and dry herself, a neat trick the three men realize that they have all done before, instinctively, but never within the confines of a town. Of course, this spot on the road is hours away from any town.

One of the soldiers in front calls. "Travelers, if you can understand my words, I suggest you give wide berth. We are taking this Heretic to West Cove for trial. You will not want to get close. We do not know what she can do."
GM: NOTE: For game mechanics, the guards are far enough to not yet be targeted, by anyone, for a mystical assault, though the cage and ox are within range for the girl.

Taylar: full wellness
Bracers: 16
Spaulders: 18 - 2 - 1 = 15
Tunic: 57 - 2 - 6 - 2 - 6 - 6 = 35 - 2 = 33
Raven Elk: full wellness
Buckler: 19
tunic: 57 - 4 - 6 - 1 = 46 - 2 = 44
Adisakti:: Body: 10 - 1 = 9, irritated.
tunic: 49 - 1 = 48
Bracers: 19 - 2 = 17
OOC: Current Inventory:
harnin short swords: 21 ( 14 in Refuge)
bronze colored Dancer's Spike
harnin Longsword
Coins:
marks: 141

Animal Parts:
Feline Leg Bone: 1. ??

Minerals:
Coal: 1: {Heat x3}
dark green opaque: 1: ??
Slate: 62: {Thump x2}
Flint: 4 {Heat x2}
Bloodstone: 2: {Confluence +1}
Sunstone: 7: {Persona +1, Muddle x2}
Heartstone: 5: {Confluence +1}
Lodestone: 1 {shock x2}

Ores:
Zinc Ingots: 1: {Health +1, Mend x2}
Tin Ingot: 1: {Persona +1, Muddle x2}
Lead Ingot: 10: {- Body x2}
Iron Ingot: 1 {Confluence +1, Mend x2}
Calcium Ingot: 1: {Cohesion +1, Restore x2}

Plants:
Lighter Pine: 7 measures {heat x2}

Unknown Items:
Angry Spirit Dust: ??
Acolyte Avery's Ledger (In Refuge)
DoD Training Ledger (In Refuge)
OOC: Everyone, even the girl, state intentions. Provide two random rolls (d100).
 
Last edited:

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
Taylar intends to catch the eyes of his companions, attempting to convey with non-verbal cues that he plans to ambush these guards and free their captive.
Attempting to deceive the guards into a relaxed posture, Taylar does not draw his weapons and approaches like a curious buffoon, hoping to give the impression that he is a bungler merely wanting to get closer to something new and interesting.
He intends to use the same language as the soldiers, but with choppy, almost incomprehensible sentences. "Wow! Where did you catch her? Are there any more like that? Where are you troops from? Is it possible for me to join your ranks?"
Taylar will keep himself alert in case any of the soldiers sees through his ruse and attacks.
96(+52)=148, 86
 

Eric Zephlaer

Gaming Aficianado
Adisakti approaches with Taylar so that he can quickly whisper in Maldrog, "Give me time to get to the other guards."

He then moves to the edge of the road as he begins talking to the guards in perfect Markidian, very quickly. He continues to walk as he does. "I know. I know. You see a Shimadow. I am from Outpost. Hail to the Lord of the Day. What have you got there? I thought it to be some monster, but it just a girl, well, young woman, possibly Centrin."

He does not hail in a mocking tone, wanting to be able to make it to the other guards before provoking them, but he does edge closer to the cage, squinting and cupping his hands around his eyes as if to better see. He wants to whisper to the prisoner, if he can.
OOC: 75
 

astarte

Villager
While two men are coming closer, the woman gently whispers to the ox: "Stop. Good, pretty ox, please stop."
Husbandry: Mind + Learning + Knowledge + Persona 10+10+10+10=40+61(d100)=101
OOC: 37(d100)

She's gonna keep talking to the ox until the animal stops, while cautiously watching her surroundings, especially enemies and also the party:
Observation: Mind + Learning + Knowledge 10+10+10=30+61(d100)=91
 
Last edited:

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Taylar intends... Attempting to deceive...
Adisakti approaches... moves... edge closer...
... the woman gently whispers to the ox: "Stop..."
Taylar: 57(coerce) + 27(muddle) + 148(d100) = 232
Astarte: 40(husbandry) + 31(muddle) + 61(d100) = 132
GM: Taylar feels confident he has fooled the guards, so much so that the guards do not even react to the movement of Adisakti. They are all just watching, except the one speaking.

The guard who first spoke, answers, "Please keep your distance sir, and you too, Shimadow. Back away from there!"

"We did not capture her. We have no special blessing from the Lord of the Day. She was given over to our charge by one of the Hand of Justice. We are just transport."
GM: Adisakti is able to get close to the cage before being commanded away. He will have enough time to say something.

The ox may not understand the gentle words spoken to it and neither does Adisakti who is close enough to hear that it is an unfamiliar language, but the ox suddenly stops its plodding, refusing to move forward, even when encouraged by its handler, who looks as if he is about to jerk on the rope.
Taylar: full wellness
Bracers: 16
Spaulders: 18 - 2 - 1 = 15
Tunic: 57 - 2 - 6 - 2 - 6 - 6 = 35 - 2 = 33
Raven Elk: full wellness
Buckler: 19
tunic: 57 - 4 - 6 - 1 = 46 - 2 = 44
Adisakti:: Body: 10 - 1 = 9, irritated.
tunic: 49 - 1 = 48
Bracers: 19 - 2 = 17
OOC: Current Inventory:
harnin short swords: 21 ( 14 in Refuge)
bronze colored Dancer's Spike
harnin Longsword
Coins:
marks: 141

Animal Parts:
Feline Leg Bone: 1. ??

Minerals:
Coal: 1: {Heat x3}
dark green opaque: 1: ??
Slate: 62: {Thump x2}
Flint: 4 {Heat x2}
Bloodstone: 2: {Confluence +1}
Sunstone: 7: {Persona +1, Muddle x2}
Heartstone: 5: {Confluence +1}
Lodestone: 1 {shock x2}

Ores:
Zinc Ingots: 1: {Health +1, Mend x2}
Tin Ingot: 1: {Persona +1, Muddle x2}
Lead Ingot: 10: {- Body x2}
Iron Ingot: 1 {Confluence +1, Mend x2}
Calcium Ingot: 1: {Cohesion +1, Restore x2}

Plants:
Lighter Pine: 7 measures {heat x2}

Unknown Items:
Angry Spirit Dust: ??
Acolyte Avery's Ledger (In Refuge)
DoD Training Ledger (In Refuge)
OOC: Each character receives 5 DP. State nominal actions and intentions. Provide two random rolls (d100).
 


Waynan

Adventurer
Supporter
Raven Elk slips off behind a couple of large trunked pines and uses camouflage again.
He then executes an end around manuever to get at the rear guard of the soldier-jailors.

OOC: Random rolls --- 91 (mulligan of 19), 76, 83 (mulligan of 38).
 

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
Taylar intends to manipulate waylines to increase his Motility without stopping his forward motion. He says, "Did not capture her? Well, maybe you would like to try on me. I'm a heretic too."
Taylar intends to draw his bludgeons and charge the lead man. He will focus his action on drawing the most attention, but working his weapons in defense, letting his companions get within attack range.
86, 62
 


Eric Zephlaer

Gaming Aficianado
As Adisakti backs away from the cage to continue toward the rear guard formation, he whispers to the prisoner in Markidian, "If you can understand me, we are going to help you escape."

He backs to the edge of the road, quickly, then continues toward the rear guards, mystically augmenting his athleticism as he moves. When he hears Taylar spout his blasphemy, he draws his weapons, rushing on his nearest guard, shouting, "We are all Heretics!"

He will camouflage himself as he attacks.
OOC: 78, 73
 

Level Up!

An Advertisement

Advertisement4

Top