• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[TV] Doctor Who

That all of these species can, apparently, travel through time to be there at the right time and the right place is, let me say, more than a little strange.

You're assuming they all did so under their own power. All it takes is one of the Alliance races being capable of time travel to bring them all to the right place/time. And we already know that some of them (i.e.
the Daleks
) can do just that.

I realize that it's part of the fun of being a fan--I do it myself, constantly ;)--but I think a lot of people are overthinking this.

I don't pretend to have the slightest clue what Moffat's going to pull out of his hat, but I know this:

Moffat, while very much a Doctor Who fanboy from back in the day, is also a professional storyteller. And I guarantee, he's well aware of the requirements of a TV program and audience.

In other words, the solution to what's going on is not going to require the sort of in-depth knowledge of Dr. Who history that many fans are delving into. It's going to draw on the mythology introduced in the modern series (Eccleston and onward), and/or on information that can be clearly and succinctly communicated in the course of the single remaining episode of the season.

And no more. There's absolutely no way he's going to start pulling out obscure characters/historical details that will leave half the audience scratching their heads and wondering where the hell that came from.

If a theory as to what's happening next episodes requires that the viewer be a die-hard fan of the older Doctor Who series in order to undestand, than I can all but guarantee that theory's wrong. :)

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I think we can all agree on that, Ari.

Also, Moffat said (as I recall) that the Big Bad was in every episode this year. Which, as far as I can tell, means it's the Doctor, Amy or the TARDIS. Even the crack itself hasn't been in every episode. There are a lot of theories running round about the TARDIS, some sillier than others.

Lots of spoilers and lots of speculation inside spoiler blocks. I want to hear speculation, I don't want to hear spoilers. That makes it difficult to decide what to read, might be helpful to add a hint when a block merely contains speculation. Or just not spoiler any speculations at all?

Herschel

Adventurer
There really isn't much of anything for true spoilers for teh finale, but numerous people (ie: most of the people of the western hemisphere) haven't seen "The Pandorica Opens" yet.

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
Lots of spoilers and lots of speculation inside spoiler blocks. I want to hear speculation, I don't want to hear spoilers. That makes it difficult to decide what to read, might be helpful to add a hint when a block merely contains speculation. Or just not spoiler any speculations at all?

Problem is that most speculation here revolves around spoilers or depends upon spoilers to some extent

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
There really isn't much of anything for true spoilers for teh finale, but numerous people (ie: most of the people of the western hemisphere) haven't seen "The Pandorica Opens" yet.

99% of the potential audience has, though.

No spoiler tags are needed for already aired episodes. That way lies madness - there will always be someone somewhere who hasn't seen it.

Remove ads