D&D 5E Twilight Fables Launched!

I’m on the fence here, everything about it looks great, content and art, I’m just already rich in stuff, not sure how much more i can read/use/process...but, looks like lots of this would totally fit into the Moonshae campaign I’m preparing...I’ll probably cave eventually.

I did just want to make an observation on the thickness of the book. Not unique to you, lot of small press Kickstarter stuff the same, but it’s too thick. Same page count as the PHB but much more beefiness. I like the thin paper of official D&D stuff, hard bound magazines essentially. I totally understand, you’re limited by what’s available for POD and economical to get so do what is needed. But I’m just wondering is thinner paper an option? Or is the thicker stock preferred by others and considered high quality? I guess thin glossy magazine paper is just too spendy for small publishers, but even baring that, thinner more just office paper quality would be preferable TO ME to cut down on book chonkiness.

darjr

I crit!
I’m on the fence here, everything about it looks great, content and art, I’m just already rich in stuff, not sure how much more i can read/use/process...but, looks like lots of this would totally fit into the Moonshae campaign I’m preparing...I’ll probably cave eventually.

I did just want to make an observation on the thickness of the book. Not unique to you, but it’s too thick. Same page count as the PHB but much more beefiness. I like the thin paper of official D&D stuff, hard bound magazines essentially. I totally understand, you’re limited by what’s available for POD and economical to get so do what is needed. But I’m just wondering is thinner paper an option? Or is the thicker stock preferred by others and considered high quality? I guess thin glossy magazine paper is just too spendy for small publishers, but even baring that, thinner more just office paper quality would be preferable TO ME to cut down on book chonkiness.
I steal liberally from things. So pieces end up eventually in things. Especially if it already works with what I'm doing.

dave2008

Legend

I did just want to make an observation on the thickness of the book. Not unique to you, lot of small press Kickstarter stuff the same, but it’s too thick. Same page count as the PHB but much more beefiness. I like the thin paper of official D&D stuff, hard bound magazines essentially. I totally understand, you’re limited by what’s available for POD and economical to get so do what is needed. But I’m just wondering is thinner paper an option? Or is the thicker stock preferred by others and considered high quality? I guess thin glossy magazine paper is just too spendy for small publishers, but even baring that, thinner more just office paper quality would be preferable TO ME to cut down on book chonkiness.
If they get to 50K the are doing an offset print run instead of POD. Not sure if it will make the books thinner, but they will be even higher quality paper.

Hey @Sacrosanct ! This looks incredible. I'm a hardcover guy so am definitely interested in the Royal Guard Tier. I'm in Canada; how do the final costs come out if I have to order through Drive Thru RPG? 30 USD + printing cost + shipping... what's the ballpark on this?

Sacrosanct

Legend
If they get to 50K the are doing an offset print run instead of POD. Not sure if it will make the books thinner, but they will be even higher quality paper.
Yep. No idea if the glossy will be thinner, but you have to go with a certain weight for POD, which is a good thing because there is no color bleed through the page. I was worried about that, and my advance copies all looked great.
Hey @Sacrosanct ! This looks incredible. I'm a hardcover guy so am definitely interested in the Royal Guard Tier. I'm in Canada; how do the final costs come out if I have to order through Drive Thru RPG? 30 USD + printing cost + shipping... what's the ballpark on this?
I just sent one of my core artists his advance copy and he lives on Vancouver island. The price was about $23 to print and $19 to ship. US prices for backers includes shipping, and we have the advantage in the US of media mail (which is about $6). Unfortunately that means international backers will be paying a bit more in total, but that's due entirely to shipping differences. I wish it weren't that way, but it's out of my control.

Yep. No idea if the glossy will be thinner, but you have to go with a certain weight for POD, which is a good thing because there is no color bleed through the page. I was worried about that, and my advance copies all looked great.

I just sent one of my core artists his advance copy and he lives on Vancouver island. The price was about $23 to print and $19 to ship. US prices for backers includes shipping, and we have the advantage in the US of media mail (which is about $6). Unfortunately that means international backers will be paying a bit more in total, but that's due entirely to shipping differences. I wish it weren't that way, but it's out of my control.
Roger that. I'm a 40 minute drive from Ogdensburg, NY... right across the St. Lawrence River from Canada. There is a border crossing there. There are also a number of businesses that allow you to use their address as a shipping destination for US deliveries. All you have to do is drive there, pick up your loot, then pay any duties on the way back. Most of the time, they just wave you through if you've only got some minor items.

It's also a good opportunity to pick up some of the weird US candy at the local Walmart...

Sacrosanct

Legend
Pssst! @Darrin Drader posted part of the credit page from his advanced copy he just got. A couple EnWorld members in there ;)

1658454102371.png

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases