Twitter is a poor place

Sacrosanct

Legend
So, like, you want to actively tell people how they get discovered? Might want to think that through a little more...
I didn't think I was revealing anything revolutionary or secret. If I see a new account and that person starts arguing with the same people in the same arguments as someone who was banned, I'd think it would be fairly obvious.

dragoner

KosmicRPG.com
I didn't think I was revealing anything revolutionary or secret. If I see a new account and that person starts arguing with the same people in the same arguments as someone who was banned, I'd think it would be fairly obvious.
More than that, one can tell their individual writing style. Kicking trolls is like forum maintenance though, they always come back, for a while at least, until there are new ones.

nedjer

Adventurer
Post content on your site/ blog, place links and wip on multiple platforms and avoid sticking all your eggs in one social media basket is what my granny taught me. She was a 12th lvl Cook with a proficiency in making most excellent apple crumbles and so clearly much wiser than Elon.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
I didn't think I was revealing anything revolutionary or secret.

Secrecy isn't the issue.

People, by and large, aren't great at analyzing or reviewing the details of their own work. Having done that work, they tend to elide over the details, even if flaws are plain to others. Authors have editors, and manufacturing has Quality Assurance for this reason.

By going over the flaws in a troll's approach, you are effectively acting as Troll Quality Assurance. Please don't do that work for them.

Mercurius

Legend
It's a handy search engine for collective consciousness.
And if you mainly follow cute cat pic accounts it's a pretty awesome place.
This. I find twitter depressing, for reasons related to your first sentence, but it is also quite interesting for the same reasons. Plus, there's no quicker way to get a sense of what is going on in the collective consciousness, be it Heard-and-Depp or the latest news or propaganda.

As for the second, my partner loves such accounts and has turned me on to them - often PMing me all sorts of pictures of possums, goats, cats, etc. I recently discovered "Red Pandas Every Day" and my life is better for it.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
This. I find twitter depressing, for reasons related to your first sentence, but it is also quite interesting for the same reasons. Plus, there's no quicker way to get a sense of what is going on in the collective consciousness, be it Heard-and-Depp or the latest news or propaganda.

As for the second, my partner loves such accounts and has turned me on to them - often PMing me all sorts of pictures of possums, goats, cats, etc. I recently discovered "Red Pandas Every Day" and my life is better for it.
Gotta love having a wise partner.

The stuff my wife recomends to me on instagram is often somewhat less....SFW, but lots of cute hedgehogs and kittens and such. Is very good for my mental health! :D

I tend to follow parental Twitter which has very amusing stories of kids/teens/classmates of those kids particularly https://twitter.com/MumInBits whose posting of the adventures of her daughter's classmate named Freya should be made into a book. For example

If what Musk has revealed (recent twitter post) is Twitter even a real place. If 1/2 of a certain government officials followers are deemed bots than what is Twitter really? IF as im only speculating they could be in big legal trouble. By creating fake bots you are inflating your real value to stockholders and advertisers etc

Ryujin

Legend
If what Musk has revealed (recent twitter post) is Twitter even a real place. If 1/2 of a certain government officials followers are deemed bots than what is Twitter really? IF as im only speculating they could be in big legal trouble. By creating fake bots you are inflating your real value to stockholders and advertisers etc
People do it on Youtube all the time. Hell, some guys essentially stole the name of a channel run by a couple of my friends, then bought a few thousand followers to make sure they got higher billing in searches.

Remove ads