Twitter is a poor place

Asisreo

Patron Badass
Its time to turn Twitter off
But where are you going to experience discussions about the homoerotic tendencies of cartoon characters where someone in the comments inexplicably has a high-quality artwork displaying those tendencies with viscerally realistic genitalia of the fantasy beast they represent.

I'm not scarred, you're scarred!

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
No - you're mistaking usage for importance. Twitter is important because journalists use it and promote it.

With respect, I think you are incredibly incorrect there, but discussing it would violate our rules on politics.

But, I suggest the people there who have had the greatest impact on the world at large are most certainly not engaged in journalism.

beancounter

(I/Me/Mine)
I've never used Twitter, and I don't need to - because so many people quote Twitter post on other social media platforms. I'm "exposed to Twitter whether I like it or not :)

One of my FB friends uses FB almost exclusively to share Twitter post - which is a bit ironic.

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
I've never used Twitter, and I don't need to - because so many people quote Twitter post on other social media platforms. I'm "exposed to Twitter whether I like it or not :)

One of my FB friends uses FB almost exclusively to share Twitter post - which is a bit ironic.
One of the bennies of EN World is getting all D&D tweets posted and more!

With respect, I think you are incredibly incorrect there, but discussing it would violate our rules on politics.

But, I suggest the people there who have had the greatest impact on the world at large are most certainly not engaged in journalism.

I don't want to get into the politics of this either. If I understand your meaning (and it is very possible I am missing who you are referring to). I think it is possible for both to be true: there are a lot of bad actors online, but the media in general has also given twitter more relevance and attention than it probably ought to have. This seems especially true to me when I read a story and part of the story identifies a trend, mood or opinion happening in the country, by pointing to tweets, but when you dig in, it's like a handful of people and most of them aren't even using their real names. I think we have just done a bad job as a culture, putting the opinion of people on twitter into perspective. But again, I think that comes with time. It is a new media and new media seems to be more dazzling and have greater persuasive power when it first emerges.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases