Two Spears

Infiniti2000

First Post
The druid and monk both like to use a spear and I was thinking of a "set of spears" magical items to give out. Obviously, one could be a sort of totemic spear and the other something for a monk, but I was hoping for some ideas on fluff to tie the two together and perhaps for a common power, something along the lines of "when within 5 squares of the other spear." I'd the like the power to be very much based off the fluff. The PCs are currently level 1, but items of, say, up to 7th/8th level would be good. Maybe something like +2 with individual daily powers and one, shared encounter power (preferably healing?).

Thanks!

Dire Human

First Post
I'll just put these here, and your Druid and Monk can mix and match them (I realize now that I'm done writing these up that ESotM isn't useful to your characters, but I was on a roll and it fit the theme.)

Entwined Spears
Back when the world was in its dawn and the Old Faith was just beginning, spiritual leaders came together from all lands to join as allies against the twin threats of the Gods and the Primordials. As symbols of their alliances, weapons of great primal strength were formed, drawing power from still-new archetypes and binding their wielders together in a primal pact. Though the knowledge as to their creation is now ancient, these spears are still sometimes crafted and attuned when a great purpose arises.

Entwined Spear of the Body
(Price, Enhancement Bonus, and Critical as a level 5 item)
Weapon: Spear
Property: You gain a +1 item bonus to Fortitude when within 5 squares of an entwined spear you’ve been attuned to (see below).
Power (Daily): Extended Rest. You attune your entwined spear to one other entwined spear equipped by an ally. While attuned, you and that ally share an encounter power that can be used on either character’s turn (but no more than once per encounter). The attunement ends when you take an extended rest, if the attuned ally is killed, or willingly as a minor action.
Power (Daily • Teleport): Standard Action. You and one attuned ally within 5 squares switch places, and both you and the attuned ally use your respective entwined spear attack as a free action.
Entwined Spear of the Body Attack
DailyWeapon
Free Action Melee weapon
Target: One creature
Attack: Dexterity, Strength, or Wisdom vs. AC
Hit: 1[w] + Constitution modifier damage, and the target is knocked prone.

Entwined Spear of the Mind

Property: You gain a +1 item bonus to Reflex when within 5 squares of an entwined spear you’ve been attuned to (see below).
Power (Daily): Extended Rest. You attune your entwined spear to one other entwined spear equipped by an ally. While attuned, you and that ally share an encounter power that can be used on either character’s turn (but no more than once per encounter). The attunement ends when you take an extended rest, if the attuned ally is killed, or willingly as a minor action.
Power (Daily • Teleport): Standard Action. You and one attuned ally within 5 squares switch places, and both you and the attuned ally use your respective entwined spear attack as a free action.
Entwined Spear of the Mind Attack
DailyWeapon
Free Action Melee weapon
Attack: Charisma, Constitution, or Intelligence vs. AC
Hit: 1[w] + Constitution modifier damage, and the target is pushed 1 square.

Entwined Spear of the Spirit

Property: You gain a +1 item bonus to Will when within 5 squares of an entwined spear you’ve been attuned to (see below).
Entwined Spear of the Spirit Attack
DailyWeapon
Free Action Melee weapon
Attack: Charisma, Strength, or Wisdom vs. AC
Hit
: 1[w] + Constitution modifier damage, and you regain hit points equal to twice the weapon’s enhancement bonus.

Last edited:

Infiniti2000

First Post
Thanks for the response, Dire Human! I like the idea of them switching places. It provides a cool party tactic but isn't game breaking seeing as how it's not a defender/striker swap (that would be ugly with the striker moving fast into position and then swapping in the defender).

I'm not sure about the attunement. I don't really think that it adds anything except minor bookkeeping. Do you think an encounter power or maybe even a property that allows one spear holder to shift as a minor, but towards the other spear holder, would be broken? I think it would be cool.

Remove ads