D&D 5E Two things I like about D&DNext

tuxgeo

Adventurer
1. (My favorite thing about 5E Next): They're actually trying to bring it all together: they're trying to build a system that incorporates the essence of D&D throughout all its incarnations editions.

2. Subclasses: Clerics don't have "domains," but they do have "deities"; Druids don't have "groves," but they do have "circles"; Wizards don't have "schools," but they do have "traditions." This still gives players the flexibility they need, and provides it in a simple format.

(OK, and further releases can add to the subclasses without bending things too much. . . .)

Li Shenron

Legend
It's hard to narrow it down to 2 things only, but maybe...

1) Simplicity
2) Modularity

Of course 1) is relative, 5e feels definitely simpler than 3e/PF/4e when it comes to running combat, and that's a major reason for me to prefer it over the previous.

Manabarbs

Explorer
The easiest way to explain it is "they work like Next casters do". Basically, you choose a certain number of spells each day, and after that you can use any of your slots to cast any spells of the appropriate level. You're basically a sorcerer who can change their spells known every day.

JonWake

First Post
1. Easy to teach: I've brought in 4 new players to DnD with ease of character creation.
2. Deeper than it looks: not in terms of Char-op gibberish, but I have a group with three fighters and they're all as different as could be. One's a bounty hunter with some minor spells, one's a great ax wielding beast and hero of the common man, and another is a sneaky military commander.
3. Very easy to add on bit. Need a new background or skill? It takes five minutes to whip one up.

Remove ads