• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Two Towers - Arwen leaves Middle-Earth - wtf?

Bob Aberton

First Post
I just saw the Two Towers a little while ago, and I thought it was an excellent movie. However, one thing has me worried; in the movie, Arwen appears to be leaving Middle-Earth along with a whole bunch of other lantern-bearing elves.

I mean, I like the changes PJ made to the series so far, IMO, they've all turned out pretty well, but Arwen leaving Middle Earth? Surely he would not change the series that much...

What are your theories/opinions? Do you think Arwen is off to Valinor in the movies? Do you think PJ would be that mad?

Asmo

First Post
So what will happen? She re-forge Narsil and brings it to Aragorn at some crucial point and then they live together happily forever after ?
Not bad at all:D

Asmo

Last edited:

KnowTheToe

First Post
I think she will kill Faramir's intended bride and marry him. This way PJ can make the few viewers truely angry about Faramir and really get their blood boiling.

I think you are all wrong. I think the arrival of the Elven troops at Helms Deep was a rather obvious statement that the Elves have decided to at least postpone their retreat from Middle Earth long enough to lend aid to man's fight against Sauron.

That is the only thing that makes sense. Otherwise you are telling me that Elrond ordered Galadriel to send part of her army to fight while he still retreated with his own elven kin. That does not appear very likely to me.

Corinth

First Post
There's footage regarding that subplot that's missing from the theatrical release. Go back to the trailers and watch for footage featuring the Arwen subplot. Most of that stuff isn't in the TT movie as it is; it'll probably be restored to the film with the Extended TTT DVD come next year.

Airwolf

First Post
Re: Re: Two Towers - Arwen leaves Middle-Earth - wtf?

EricNoah said:

No, I don't. And if you look at the expression on Elrond's face ... he thinks something suspicious is up too.

I have to agree with EN here. The first time I saw the movie I thought the look that Arwen gave Elrond was unusual.
After seeing it the second time, I believe that Arwen was saying 'goodbye' to Elrond when she left. I also got the feeling that Elrond knew she wasn't going to leave middle earth.

Greybar

No Trouble at All
She re-forge Narsil and brings it to Aragorn at some crucial point and then they live together happily forever after ?

Okay, this brought up something that wasn't even in the extended version of the movie.

In the books, Narsil is reforged for Aragorn before he leaves Rivendell. While it wasn't mentioned specifically, I believe that we see Aragorn drawing a blade that looks a *lot* like Narsil in The Two Towers. So my assumption is that it happens off camera and he already has it.

John

Remove ads