D&D 5E UA Druid Speculation/Wishlists

Lanliss

Explorer
Man, people want some weird things. "Urban druid"? You want a nature guy, who doesn't do nature?

Anyway, Elemental Druid would be fun, maybe a Sun druid, just to tie off the Moon circle, and a Sea druid to balance off the Land.

Azzy

ᚳᚣᚾᛖᚹᚢᛚᚠ
Shaman druid (most definitely)

Blight druid (seems gnoll-tastic)

Companion druid (just because)

Man, people want some weird things. "Urban druid"? You want a nature guy, who doesn't do nature?
I think people want an example of a Druid that isn't pigeon-holed as the "Nature Guy"...

Even if the said Urban Druid ends up being "crazy hobo talks to rats" or "crazy cat lady".

gweinel

Explorer
Ι would love to see a companion and a blight druid but most of all i would love to see a proper summon druid. I think the time has come to see the first pure summoning subclass in 5e. Shaman is probably the easiest path to follow in order to do this since the team can fudge with the stats/abilities of the spirits whereas to do this with real critters (at least at low levels) could be difficult.

Lanliss

Explorer
I think people want an example of a Druid that isn't pigeon-holed as the "Nature Guy"...

Even if the said Urban Druid ends up being "crazy hobo talks to rats" or "crazy cat lady".

But those aren't even classes, those are personality traits. What would an Urban Druid even do? Wildshape into a trashcan? Conjure a grasping piece of gum in your path? Conjure Urban beings, and bombard his foes with small homeless children (CR 1/4)?

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
Circle of the Sun:
An agricultural/plant themed druid.
Circle of Rot/Blight:
The Druid of Disease.
Circle of Roses?:
The anti-undead druid.
There has got to be a plant associated with warding off undead.

RCanine

First Post
But those aren't even classes, those are personality traits. What would an Urban Druid even do? Wildshape into a trashcan? Conjure a grasping piece of gum in your path? Conjure Urban beings, and bombard his foes with small homeless children (CR 1/4)?

It's true real-world cities are devoid of megafauna. But having lived in one for a decade I can attest to them being vivid ecosystems of their own. Birds, mammals and insects have all discovered niches in our concrete jungles, and the health and well being of our flora is as important here — if not more important — than it is in rural areas.

I think the concept of an urban druid and a swarm druid are particularly compatible. A druid that commands hordes of spiders, carnivorous insects, predatory birds or small mammals would find many subjects in the cities, who subsist without the same amount of natural predators they'd find in the wild.

Mecheon

Sacabambaspis
That one urban supplement for 3.5E had some urban druid stuff. And one of the spells they had was Conjured Pest Swarm.

Of, y'know, rats. Or ravens. Or cockroaches.

Lanliss

Explorer
That one urban supplement for 3.5E had some urban druid stuff. And one of the spells they had was Conjured Pest Swarm.

Of, y'know, rats. Or ravens. Or cockroaches.

I never played 3.5, only 5E for me so far. I was just curious on what an Urban Druid would do that was both possible, and different enough from the average druid to warrant a separate subclass.

Remove ads