• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D (2024) UA Ranger (Playtest 6)

Horwath

Legend
Actually conjure barrage is not that bad anymore. Force damage is solid. 5d8 is 3rd level benchmark damage.
So it is not way behind a fireball (5-40 force damage, no friendly fire vs. 8-48 fire damage, friendly fire).

Yes, wisdom is not your primary stat. It might be your secondary however. You should be able to afford a 14.
I would probably not prepare it, but is a fine spell to use.

Do I like it to be used with a melee weapon? No. A thrown weapon at least. Now I Imagine throwing up a dagger that splits and hits a group of goblins, killing them all in one go. Not bad at all.
maybe if there is no saving throw, it would be a good spell. Very good even.

Or if it worked similar to lightning arrow. you make attack roll vs all targets. Half damage on a miss.

Might encourage to use Hide action before using your big guns to attack with advantage.

maybe if there is no saving throw, it would be a good spell. Very good even.

Or if it worked similar to lightning arrow. you make attack roll vs all targets. Half damage on a miss.

Might encourage to use Hide action before using your big guns to attack with advantage.
No saving throw would put it solidly over unnerfed fireball....

Horwath

Legend
The 2024 PHB is past the big ideas stage for all classes but the Monk.

There is no negotiation left. The ranger is more or less finalized in skeleton unless the new ranger is completely and utterly panned in survey.
1688080782763.png

Minigiant

Legend
Supporter
Ranger subclasses are

Beastmaster
Fey Wanderer
Gloomstalker
Hunter

I expected Horizon Walker as it is more classic. But Feywanderer and Gloomstalker does offer the Fey/Shadow duality.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads