Ukraine invasion

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter

Zardnaar

Legend
I've been using reddit a lot. It's often an hour or so ahead of the media.

Just gotta be careful but a few links there go to things you won't see on TV as mucheg European sources or unedited video.

r/Ukraine, r/Ukraine conflict.

r/Russia was shut down,

Some video floating around is from earlier conflicts, different parts of the world etc.

CCTV cameras at the border were being livestreamed so you could watch what was driving past. Russians left them up for 30 odd hours.

Things to think about, right now there are people fighting and dying. On both sides.

The soldiers (on both sides) probably don't want to be there, regardless of their world view.

The civilians caught in the middle need help and are truly casualties (regardless of whether or not they get hit by munitions spelt).

Before you make any posts about good and bad, remember that's just the politics and gets played away from the field; those in the thick of it, they just are... they are sons, daughters, fathers, mothers, brothers, sisters, etc. and deserve your praise or pity regardless of which 'side' they are on. To my International brothers and sisters, I bid you safety, until peace.

It has been some decades since, "I was just following orders," was considered a defense for wrongdoing.
Wrong doing is raping women and shootng kids in the head. Following orders to wage a war, regardless of the reason, is just following orders.

Be careful@Umbran, I may have to mod you on this one. 😉

Seriously though, this wouldn't even go to the Geneva accords. If there was a war crimes committee held today, Mr Putin and possibly the Pres of Belarus and the Ministers of Warfare would be held, questioned and tried but the Armies at large would be free and clear. Again, the politics versus being a soldier. If you've ever worn the boots, it's hard not to be the unintentional target of politics.

Greggy C

Hero
Before you make any posts about good and bad, remember that's just the politics
As someone who is exhausted after fighting the Russian progangda trolls for 3 days straight, I regret opening this thread, because your perspective is maddening.

What is just politics for you when Poland was invaded?

Ukraine is fighting the worlds battle for freedom, ex military around the world are joining the fight for freedom as private citizens while you sniff and say "dont call it good or bad, its just politics".

As someone who is exhausted after fighting the Russian progangda trolls for 3 days straight, I regret opening this thread, because your perspective is maddening.

What is just politics for you when Poland was invaded?

Ukraine is fighting the worlds battle for freedom, ex military around the world are joining the fight for freedom as private citizens while you sniff and say "dont call it good or bad, its just politics".
Because politics don't belong here. When you start siding conversations here, it gets locked. My opinions don't belong here, and neither do yours. Don't think you know mine, because I won't state them here. Are we crystal clear?

Remove ads