• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Uncanny Dodge x5 House rule

Uber Dungeon

First Post
So i made a build of
lv3 Rouge
lv2 Bard
lv5 guild Thief
lv5 Assassin
lv5 Street Fighter

I get Improved uncanny dodge x2
and Uncanny Dodge x3
I'm looking for house rules on that, and/or comments on mine. I'm interested to know what you guys have to say or how you would do this?

Uncanny Dodge-Improved uncanny dodge- Greater uncanny dodge- Master Uncanny Dodge- Ultimate uncanny dodge.

Greater uncanny dodge
You are no longer influenced by the feint action.

Master Uncanny Dodge
You are effected by the blind fight feat but only to detect people out of your line of sight in a 10 foot half circle behind you.

Ultimate Uncanny Dodge
You gain 1/2 you DEX modifier as a dodge bonus to AC from any attack on you that would normally be difficult to dodge without uncanny dodge ability's such as; when you would be flatfooted, flanked, unable to see it coming, if someone attempts a feint action agents you or if you're in anyway unprepared.

Last edited:

Bladesinger_Boy

First Post
Some ideas, Talents

Regardless of what the abilities do, they should also contain the caveat that if a character with 4 or more levels higher with *such-and-such* Uncanny Dodge tries do do that thing to you (ex: feint), it still works as normal.

Master Uncanny Dodge- could you do a smaller size and remove the line of sight half circle thing? like, tremoresense 5" or blindsight 5". On the lower end power-wise, you could just gain the Blindfight feat.

Ultimate Uncanny Dodge- first, the 1/2 Dex part that doesn't sit so well with me. I'd be more inclined to give it a flat bonus, as per Mobility giving +4 AC vs AoOs.
Next, the fact that when it occurs is so loosely written, you could argue getting that AC bonus in many situations.
I would write something like this. "Whenever an opponent has a circumstance bonus to hit the character, the character gains a circumstance bonus to AC equal to the opponent's bonus to hit, capping at +4". This way, if they only get a +1 or +2 to hit, you only get a +1 or +2 AC... you shouldn't actually be harder to hit when you're caught offguard.

I like the idea of Talents, as per Rogues in Pathfinder. When 5th Ed eventually comes out in maybe 2015, I'd like to see more talents used. I'm not sure who is DMing, but if your DM wants to only use written standard abilities and not homebrew/custom stuff, look through some different talents of class like Rogue or other standard existing abilities and see if any of them may fit. You may instead be forced to chose from options like Defensive Roll, Evasion, Canny Defense, or feats like Dodge or Mobility or Spring Attack.

Remove ads