D&D 5E Undead Apocalypse!

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Amitiel waits patiently for mortals to organize. He was careful to give them time to process his present. And he had enough time to think about his own introduction. Especially to the one following The Loremaster.

Nodding to the crew members coming onto the ship
"The Binder smiles upon you even as he writes the history and binds the lives into the heroic tapestry of stories. Know that you are part of the story of change, words of Creation coming back to the world."

Amitiel shows interest in all items, but he looks closely at
Ship 1
deck of cards and their box
small wooden box
Ship 2
small fine wooden box and
old masterpiece painting of Menzoberranzan [roll=History]1d20+4[/roll]

After the ships joined he comes toward the party members and the captain with uncommon ceremony and formality.
"The Word became flesh and made its dwelling among you. You have seen its glory, the glory of The Binder, Wordsmith, Father of Stories, The Traveler. And The Word is Truth.

I am Amil, of Oghma, well met and blessings of The Eternal Bard be upon you."

He bows to the group.

OOC: Had a typo in the roll and edited doesn't work. Feel free to roll for me: looking for the meaning, context and time of the painting

Last edited:

tglassy

Adventurer
GM: Amitiel's History roll; [roll0]

You can always just post the roll in a new post. I've been guilty of double posting, due to the way this site works.

And that's a 1. You feel as if many of your memories are fading, likely due to your new mortal form. You feel you SHOULD remember these things, but are unable to grasp the memories. You don't forget everything, obviously, you know many things from your life, but you no longer have the perfect memory of a Celestial Being.

Shayuri

First Post
"Baby, we are all that and a slice of pie," Bunny says to Amitiel as she waddles over with an armful of loot. "Now, lets see what we have here, and what the melting point of it all is."

She fetches out a monocle and wedges it into her left eye, which becomes comically overmanified by the lens as she peers at the objects collected.

(Gonna make some history rolls of my own! Note, this would be separate from Bunny's Detect Magic and Identify spells, which gives the powers of items, but none of the historical context)
Deck of ivory cards [roll0]
An Embroidered glove set with jewel chips [roll1]
An old masterpiece painting of the Drow city of Menzoberranzan [roll2]
A large, corked metal flask [roll3]
A small, fine wooden box weighing 1 pound. [roll4])

tglassy

Adventurer
[sblock=Bunny]
1. Deck of ivory cards - It is very clearly, to you, a Deck of many Things.

2. An Embroidered glove set with jewel chips - Nothing more than what it looks like, though it is a gorgeous glove. It could be worth quite a bit to the right person.

3. An old masterpiece painting of the Drow city of Menzoberranzan - A relic of the past, this oil painting of Menzobarrenzan depicts the Drow city during the height of its power. The artist beautifully captured the city's mystic, with it's glowing purple, blue and red faerie fire outlining much of the under dark city in wondrous colors. You can almost see people moving around, but alas, your Detect Magic spell shows that it is indeed a mundane item, with no magic, except for the magic of the skill of the artist who painted it.

4. A large, corked metal flask - This simple flask radiates with pure magic, almost blindingly. It is an Iron Flask, and your Identify spell reveals that there is already a creature inside, though you have no way of knowing what it is.

5. A small, fine wooden box weighing 1 pound. - When opened, it reveals 2 small paint pots and a brush. Detect Magic shows it to be magical, and a further Identify shows it to be a Nolzur's Marvelous Pigments.

Also, to your Detect Magic sight, you notice that the ratty bag, leather backpack, eagle goggles, and spiderweb cloak all radiate magic as well. They are a bag of holding, Heward's Handy Haversack, Eyes of the Eagle and a Cloak of Arachnida. You may tell, or not tell, anyone you like of what you find, though others have the ability to see these as well, so lying may not be a good thing.[/sblock]

The Captain demands payment of two of the magical items as part of his share of the treasure. (One person may try a DC 20 persuasion, intimidation, or deception check to dissuade said captain of one of the magical items as payment. Failure means 2 must be given, regardless of what others try.)

Shayuri

First Post
Bunny, paying little attention to the demands of the Captain...that kind of thing was why the others were along...focuses intently on the deck of ivory cards. Twenty-two of them, gleaming with the promise of sheer chaos.

"What's that Herkaderk?" she asked softly aloud, reaching up to touch the odd little cap she wore, "I should take all the cards? I don't know...they can rewrite fate itself. Do you really think I should?"

She paused.

"Maybe just one. For now. Tell me which one."

And her gnomey little fingers grabbed a card and held it up to see.

tglassy

Adventurer
You have drawn BALANCE!

Your mind suffers a wrenching alteration, causing your alignment to change. Lawful becomes Chaotic, Good becomes Evil, and vice versa. It has no effect on any Neutral alignments.

OOC: Since I'm pretty sure Bunny is Chaotic Neutral, this means that Bunny is now Lawful Neutral. While this is, perhaps, a benefit to the party, I know how much Shayuri loves her Bunny. That said, them's the breaks. You chose to grab a card. You rolled. This is what you get. I suggest going ALL OUT with it.

If you considered Bunny to be Chaotic Good, however...well, then we can talk. PM me if that's the case. Lawful Evil is even allowed at Adventure League play, so there shouldn't be too huge of an upset, but I'd want to talk to you about how that manifests in Bunny.

Everyone welcome Oryctolagus Cuniculus, the scientific name for Rabbit, to the party!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-10-13 at 3.06.15 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-10-13 at 3.06.15 PM.png
    184.6 KB · Views: 2,172

Shayuri

First Post
Bunny looked at the card blankly for a moment, not quite grasping what it was meant to be.

Abruptly she saw the card seem to flash, and the world was engulfed in white light. The others looking on saw only the gnome staring at a card in her hand. The card then faded away.

[sblock=Enter the Bunnyverse]She was plunging into the ocean, or shooting up into the night sky...maybe both at once. Each was inky black, and seemingly infinite. Flecks of color, of light, whooshed past her. Under the realm of matter and energy were other things, where reality was defined by oscillations and vibrations, as if it was a song. Planets and stars wheeled, quanta of energy exchanged momenta, and Bunny couldn't tell which was which. Was she a towering titan, or the most minuscule gnome ever to draw breath?

And then she realized it didn't matter. Reality was a puzzle box, a maze of chaos constrained by boundaries. Yes, anything was possible, but those possibilities somehow canceled each other out, bringing from the seething sea of infinite potential something tangible and something...orderly. Chaos ate itself. The serpent consumed its own tail, and thus formed a circle. The rats ran, never seeing the walls of their maze.[/sblock]

Bunny began to laugh. A chuckle, then a guffawing belly-laugh. She sat down on the deck and just laughed. Finally she wiped her eyes and sighed.

"I've been an idiot."

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Galahad watched Bunny's reaction to drawing the card closely. He was intrigued by all things he didn't yet understand, but this was perhaps the most mysterious of objects he had ever learned of. These decks were dangerous, he knew. But also held such potential as well.

As if mesmerized, the cleric drew a single card.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
OOC: Assuming Bunny tells everyone

Amitiel waits patiently for inevitable questions about him, his allegiance etc... But focus of the mortals seems to be on the treasures of the ships at the moment.

He joins them around the loot and makes an example of his faith, The Fate of all people is just a thread in the tapestry of Knowledge. Words of Metatext among infinite variations of the Words of Creation. And this minor words will not hard him, he has faith.

With a prayer to his patron god, he calmly draws two cards from the deck.

OOC: Should we give that to the captain? Imagine loosing him at sea? Or having a demon in the world without clerics... :) or maybe the demon couldn't come before this undead plague end? I always thought they were positive effects except for Death...

Last edited:

tglassy

Adventurer
Galahad and Amitiel both feel a swirl of energy filling them, expanding them granting them...capacity? They have a moment in which to choose how to use that expansion, and then the moment is gone.

In addition, more of Amitiel’s abilities seem to expand, specifically his silver tongue. A piece of paper appears in his pocket, and upon it he finds the deed to a Keep in the edge of Waterdeep, an old one that, despite the crowdedness of the city, has lain unclaimed by anyone in the city for superstitious fears of spirits that roam its corridors. People call it Spiritfall Keep, though the deed states that you may change the name at any time.

OOC: Both of you drew the Star card, granting you +2 to one ability score of your choice. This can allow you to go over 20, but not over 24.

Amitiel now has proficiency in Persuasion, if he doesn’t already, and also has expertise in it. He also legally owns a Keep in Waterdeep, but he may have to work to claim it.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases