D&D 5E Undead Apocalypse!

tglassy

Adventurer
OOC:
I suppose everyone’s waiting on me, but I thought y’all would want to talk strategy, or make final decisions on where you’re going. Since I’ve waited over a week and nobody’s posted, I will assume that your original plan, to go to the woods to find a source of food, is your current plan, and that you will be leaving in the morning.

As stated before, it will take four days of normal travel to get to the right area. You may travel faster, but that increases the chance you’ll encounter something hostile. You may travel slower, and decrease the chances of something bad happening. You’re call.

I will also need to know what each of you is doing, if anyone has any survival skill or the ability to forage better, if anyone wants to be scouting, etc. Once I hear from each of you on these things, we will continue.

Oh, and make sure you know what magical items each person is carrying. Neurotic made a good list on page 29. The Marvelous Pigments were given to the captain. I believe everyone’s drawn from the Deck at least once, so we’re going to say no more of that. You still have the Deck for now, and you might be able to draw again in a few weeks if you really want to, but for now, if you draw any new cards, they do nothing and dissipate, appearing back in the deck a moment later. Keep track of what you have.

Also keep in mind that there are perhaps near a million people or more living in Waterdeep. A single bag of holding’s worth of food will not solve the food problem. You need to find a food SOURCE. And a means of securing it.

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Right. I did mention trying to fill the holes of both ships in addition to the bag of holding. Even that is only a temporary salve to the continuing problem.

gargoyleking

Adventurer
OOC: Maybe everyone's confused as to where we're at since this thread has been inundated with ooc chatter. Just a thought.

As the party settled in for the night, Galahad drew out a chart of the surrounds he'd discovered in the captain's cabin of the captured ship. It was designed for nautical navigation, but Galahad had spent some time with a quill, filling in some details as he could remember from other maps he had seen.

OOC: Survival: [roll0] +guidance [roll1]

Nature: [roll2] +guidance [roll3]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
His experience with natural world being limited to reading about them, Amitiel doesn't even try. But the paper, maps, documents...that includes things he can help with both with optimizing the space and shorthand writing so that more can be fit on less.

He collates in his notes all suggestions, brings others into the process who may be disintrested in paper or discussion (looking at you Bunny!) and in general being helpful without knowing how to survice in the forest.

Aid another actions
[roll0]
[roll1] <-- motivating and coordinating, speeches, creating a group interest, advice etc...

tglassy

Adventurer
OOC:
OOC: Maybe everyone's confused as to where we're at since this thread has been inundated with ooc chatter. Just a thought.

Good point. Here's a recap, in case anyone is unsure, I will be brief:

Dead rule the world, Waterdeep is the only known safe city, but is overcrowded because of it. Even its magic cannot keep up with the disease, starvation and crime that is riddling the city. The City Watch is overworked, food stores are running dry, and Clerical power has only just recently come back into the world due to a plague that affected only those who had faith, thus forcing many of the gods to lose their power.

You have been tasked with easing the suffering by going out into the world and fixing the problems. You need to find resources to help. Currently, you have chosen to go to a fairly nearby forest where reports are showing that game, land and vegetation is plentiful, but is also overrun by undead, who seem drawn to there for some unknown reason. Your job is to find that reason and fix it, or report back if you cannot for more help. Not that there is much help to be given.

Here are some of your recent choices:

1. You decided not to accept the help of the Xanathar Guild, a shady organization in Waterdeep, as they asked you to do things you were unwilling to do.

2. You decided to go by sea instead of trying to go through the horde that is surrounding the wall of Waterdeep. You were accosted by two pirate ships (really, really unlucky rolls), that were crewed by undead, though you managed to defeat both of them (the captains still live). You lost your ship in the process, but gained two in turn, including a number of magical items.

3. I...um...mistakenly gave you a Deck of Many Things, and boy did you use it. Some now have great boons, at least one was hit with stupidity, but also a Legendary Sword and a Henchman (which still needs to be created. You can always leave the henchman with the ships if you like, to protect the ship, if you do not want to deal with controlling two characters.) One of you, Amitiel, I believe, also got the deed to some property in Waterdeep. Seeing as property is at a premium in Waterdeep, this would likely be a very good thing to check out when you get back. If you get back.

Now:

You have finished a long rest, have enough food to last about 10 days, and are about to set out to this forest, which is a few days away. I just need to know how fast you all want to go. There is somewhat of a time element to all this. The longer you stay out, the worse things get in Waterdeep. The city goes on without you. Take too long, or don't complete your missions, and it is possible for the undead to breach the walls, or for other, more nefarious characters to affect irreparable change to the city's power structure.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
OOC:
So, as I recapped it earlier: we remain for the day, prepare the crew with repairs and fortified camp and leave. We're going into the forest - at normal speed if there is no special reason to risk the extra speed.

gargoyleking

Adventurer
As they set out, Galahad kept his eyes peeled for danger, (or more possibly something to spark his interest.) The goggles firmly settled across his eyes and making him look even more out of place than usual.

Still, he was ready to help with any task in which he could assist either with a little divine guidance or his own impressive knowledge base.

OOC: Eyes are awesome, not sure how advantage would work with a passive check, but still 17 passive Perception is nice. He can give guidance on anything that takes less than a minute and has 8 (mostly int/wis) skills to work with.

Let's get this party rolling if we're going to, eh?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases