Under strange stars

Someone

Adventurer
Zerth said:
"If you don't mind, we'd like you to tell us about a certain book, that belonged to your now arrested master Abu, which was also 'a gift' from you to Ahmed."

"Of couse I mind" says Zosimo, midly upset. "I don´t know even your names -though I suspect I´ve heard of you- and you make demands in another´s home. Shame should fall upon your head."

"Besides, you got your facts wrong, nothing to be surprised at if it´s true you treat with the three times cursed, soulless vermin called Ahmed. First, Abu´s not the one in the caliph´s dungeons, but his old father, Minah. But I won´t continue until you explain yourselves and tell me, as it´s used, why do you visit my house."

rangerjohn

Explorer
Al-Khazad

"As my friend so impolitely put it, were here about the book. It appears there others interested in it enough to kill. That is never a good thing."

hafrogman

Adventurer
Ever helpful, Menghil chimes into the conversation that he is not truly part of. He clears his throat and folds his hands together in front of him, adopting the appearance and tone of voice of a much wiser counselor.

"Ah, my friends. You seem to have forgotten that you still have not offered your names, as was so clearly mentioned earlier. I am sure that now that this has been brought to your attention, you will surely do your best to rectify the situation, yes?"

He grins widely at them with and insipid look in his eyes, clearly highly amused at his own humor.

Last edited:

rangerjohn

Explorer
Al-Khazad

"There is a reason we are not forthcoming about our names. They are a danger to all who know them at this point." Turning to the interloper, "do you really want to know something that could cost you your life? If so I will tell you, but there ends my responsibility for what befalls you."

Someone

Adventurer
"If you prefer to remain anonymous, I´ll bow to your decision, though you confirmed my supposition: you were those who fought the Vizier some hours ago. For what you told me, I can suppose the following: Ahmed offered you an ancient and valuable book, and you tried to sell it to a mysterious mage. However, he tried to pay you with death instead of gold, and you´re now here trying to discern why is that book so important. Am I right?"

rangerjohn

Explorer
Al-Khazad

"Actually we had a friend studying the book. When we returned he and the book were missing and the Vizier and friends attacked. Even to the point of endangering other lives. That is why I don't wish to give our names, I feel it best if you honestly don't know who we are or where we will be for your own safety. But your main supposition is correct, we are here to learn of the book."

Someone

Adventurer
Zosimo nods. "There´s not much I´m allowed to say, other than it´s genuine, holds a great secret, and I did not steal it. Ahmed urged my son to steal it to cancel a debt." he shakes his head ashamed. "Also, the new vizier means a great danger to this city. I only can reveal more if master Minah so allows, but I found impossible even to speak to him. I know, however, that he´s currently in the citadel [the castle in the middle of the city], but little more."

"I was going to make this offer to Menghil, here present, but I extend it to you as well. I must repair some of my fault to my master, and get him out of the jail, but I lack the strenght and wisdom to do so. If you get him out there, I´m sure that you´ll get the answers you seek and the reward you deserve. Master Minah isn´t short of gold or generosity."

Zerth

First Post
Amira manages to cool off and collect herself as she listens to the conversation. "Accept my apology, my good man, calling you a thief was premature and uncalled for. These recent events surrounding us have made me rather edgy. I have not been myself in more ways I want to think of," she snorts looking at her plain dress with disgust.

Wishing to take her mind off her current clothing, she continues quickly, "I wish to help you, because I know your master's reputation - he is a decent and honorable man. The new vizier, on the other hand, has proven himself a vile and ruthless man. In addition, we certainly have a personal score to settle with him, no question. Gold I do not seek, but the book itself I find most intriguing. Maybe your master will share some of it's secrets with us, if we do help him."

"I speak only for myself, of course. My companions must have reasons and wishes of their own, but I let them speak for themselves."

Remove ads