Under strange stars

Ashy

First Post
Jagra sighs audibly and grumbles, "...and so we begin the next leg of this wild camel chase, eh?" Then, he brightens a bit and adds, jerking his thumb in the direction of Amira, "can I have her share of the gold, seein' as she's not interested in it?"

Last edited:

hafrogman

Adventurer
"huh."

Menghil grunts a small laugh at the captain's dramatic attitude towards the sharing of names, but decides to let it pass. He turns back to face Zosimo at the mention of his job which brought him here in the first place. He steps forward and speaks up.

"There's no way I'm going to let this crowd push me out of this job."

Then he mutters to himself,

"Besides, I need the money too much."

Then he continues in a normal tone of voice.

"I shall go along to free your master, and to keep this band of hopeless criminals in check. However, if we are to work together, I shall need to know your names, even if it does cost me my life. As for myself, I am Menghil, sailor, swordsman, liar, cheat and pirate extraordanair."

With this last comment, he offers the group an overly ostentatious flourish of a bow, bending over nearly double.

rangerjohn

Explorer
Al-Khazad

"Well my good man it seems we have much in common. I am Al-Khazad, captiain, explorer, swordsman, and lady killer," he says with a wink. The rest of these assembled, make up my crew." He then leaves it to the rest to make thier own introductions.

Ashy

First Post
Jagra bows slightly. "I am called Je'ri, and by names too numerous to mention. The scourge of sand and sea I be..." The disguised gnomes leaves it at that...

'Best not to say too much', he reasons to himself...

Zerth

First Post
Amira

Amira looks at Menghil with a slightly disapproving face. "Very well, we have another seaman amongst us."

She lifts her head up proudly and states, "I am Princess Amira of Bandizar. This is my loyal servant Razeem," she adds pointing at the mephit, who's hovering near the roof.

hafrogman

Adventurer
Menghil adopts a more serious tone immediately and offers a much more respectable and sincere bow.

"It is an honor too meet you. My sincerest greetings to you. . . Razeem."

He straightens up again, grinning widely and turns to face Zosimo. He claps two meaty hands together and rubs them excitedly.

"Very well, we have a jail break to organize. You say he is in the citadel, but nothing more specific? Hmm, it shall be tricky to get inside."

Someone

Adventurer
Zosimo tells you all he knows about the citadel, and you add your own. Together, isn´t much, but it´s a start. It´s a large fortified complex, built on an artificial hill, mainly composed of what are two fortresses of regular size on their own and other minor buildings, bastions, and towers joined by a wall not higher than 30 feet that close a central courtyard. For what you know, that´s where the cells are: they are not subterranean dungeons. Seeing the prisoners is normall not difficult, specially when you have money to bribe the guards, but this time Zosimo found that impossible. Since Razeem can fly high (outside bow range) over the citadel, I´ll post a sketch later, if he isn´t too happy from the kifiya smoke gathering on the ceiling.

(DM meta note: I´ve prepared the citadel, not the things you´re going to do. I mean you shouldn´t be afraid to find an imaginative solution that would skip the rescue -which isn´t even totally indispensable, but profitable- or make it trivial)

Last edited:

Ashy

First Post
Jagra, his mental wheels already turning, pipes up. "You say this hill is artifical - what do you mean by that exactly? Seems to me if a hill is built then there will be entrances and exits which could be exploited..."

Someone

Adventurer
(You all have seen the citadel; artificial simply means that a lot of workers spent many days carrying earth and rocks from one place to another)

Remove ads