D&D 5E Underwater Adventures!

tglassy

Adventurer
OOC: Yep. Even Paladin Smites can be called after the hit. That’s why Crit Fishing Paladin are awesome.

Also, he is definitely dead. Vlad, you may narrate how you kill him.

The man is thrashed about like a rag doll and slammed to the sea floor as if bitten by some giant invisible sea creature. As the blade is withdrawn from the man wisps of black tendrils stream out. Xander flicks the blade and the tendrils coalesce into a shadowy form of the squid faced man. Xander speaks to the shadowy creature in an incomprehensible language.

[sblock=Deep Speech]"Follow me until the next dawn. Protect me and my companions."[/sblock]

OOC: I am using my Accursed Specter feature to turn the now slain squid-man into a Specter under my control. I also completely forgot that I had taken Deep Speech as part of my connection to my Patron.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
OOC: To be fair I didn't look at everyone's known languages. If you know Deep Speech then it is comprehensible to you.
OOC: No, you're totally right, only two of us speak it - essentially everyone has Primordial/Aquan, I just thought there was good possibility there are more of us speaking it

[roll=Cha Save vs Fear]1d20[/roll]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
[roll0]

Tai-Tai flees for another several seconds before death of the squid-face breaks the magic infecting him and he stops. He returns shame faced and barely alive, leaving dark streams of blood behind.
"I need help or there will be shark attacks soon. I don't know I escaped death from those merrow and I don't intend to serve as fish food if I can help it."

Last edited:

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Underwater
Morning
Round 0

“Be at ease, friend,” Corus said. He said a prayer and put his hand on Tai-Tai to heal him.

Cure Wounds 2nd level: 2D8+2 = [6, 5]+2 = 13

Corus rejoined the others. “What was that creature?” He stared down at the ruined city spread below them. “And how many more lurk therein?”

[sblock=Actions]
Saves:
Move:
Action (Extra Attack): 2 attacks
Bonus:
Free:
Reaction: Opportunity attack
Conditions:
Concentration:
Inspiration:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]
Character Sheet
AC: 19
HP: 46/52 HD: 6/6d10+2
Initiative: -1
PP: 10
PI: 10

Channel Divinity (1/R, DC 13)
  • Nature’s Wrath
  • Turn the Faithless

Divine Sense: 3/LR
Lay on Hands: 20/30

Spells
Divine Smite: 2d8 radiant+1d8/spell level higher than 1st (max 5d8)+1d8 vs fiends/undead
1) 4/4: Bless (C), Compelled Duel (BA, C), Cure Wounds, Ensnaring Strike (BA, C), Fog Cloud (C)(1/LR), Speak with Animals (R)
2) 1/2: Aid, Gust of Wind (C) (1/LR); Misty Step (BA); Moonbeam (C)
3) 0/0: Wall of Water (C)(1/LR)
4) 0/0: Dominate Beast (C, DC 15, beast with innate swim speed, 3 charges; recover 1d3/dawn)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Goals]
Treasure hunting in undersea city
What killed the leviathan?
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party]
Kaeldos Nalorn - Triton druid (land)
Jamoar Gallentra - Half-elf storm sorcerer
Tai-Tai - Water genasi battlemaster
Perilor Kelpwood - sea elf monk (shadows)
Stamr Cavehaven - dwarf rogue (scout)
Xander Corvus - half-elf hexblade
[/sblock]

Salthorae

Imperial Mountain Dew Taster
Jamoar watches as Xander wallops the squid creature to death. He continues to hold his lightning breath until it expires naturally just in case.

As Xandar chants over the squid faced man and a spirit rises up from his body, Jamoar grimaces. “That’s some dark magic there... how do you control it?”

Eying the spirit warily, Jamoar moves to inspect the body and see if the squidface has any information in him as to who these guys were and what they were doing here, now.

OOC: 6 rounds of Dragon breath left, going to keep it until it expires.

Investigation - 1d20+1 [12]

Last edited:

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Stamr watches, afraid, and realizes he is holding his breath.

He doesn't need to. As Xander finishes the Tentacled opponent, he regains his composure and swims towards him. Suddenly breathing deeply and feeling the water inside his lungs.

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
With the help of Corus, Perilor manages to escape the whirlpool. The sea elf looks at the tentacled guy with awe, but within seconds he sees Xander make short work of the impressive opponent. Relief washes over Perilor, and he looks at Xander with renewed appreciation. That guy knows how to fight!

Remove ads