D&D 5E Underwater Adventures!

Xander looks over at Jamoar. He looks to the specter now floating near him.

"He has been cursed to serve me. I have done this to him as punishment for attacking us. His soul will be freed at dawn his debt to me fulfilled."

The sword in Xander's hand vanishes and he turns to Corus.

"He was a warlock. Though I do not know who or what was his patron." Xander looks to the others. "Should we find a place to catch our breath before we proceed into the city?"

tglassy

Adventurer
OOC: Ah yes, I meant to say, those who understand Deep Speech know what the squid man said.

[sblock=Deepspeech]The Depths Are Mine![/sblock]

Also, good job! I was sure he was going to get away!

The squid man dies, and rises again to help his killer. The Shade glares at Xander with hatred, but is powerless against the Warlock's power.

The battle appears to be over. You have prevailed.

What do you do?

Salthorae

Imperial Mountain Dew Taster
OOC: What do you do?

OOC: I'd already mentioned that Jamoar is searching squidface's body for valuables and/or information on who or what these creatures were doing here.

Then I think we take a short rest for some people to either heal or regain abilities, then enter the city.

Last edited:

tglassy

Adventurer
Jamoar finds 2 things. A bag of gold coins, 20 in all, but the image on the coins was of no monarch you have ever seen, and they seem old.

The other thing is a ring. Diamonds surrounding a sapphire. A black stone in the middle of the sapphire makes the whole setting look like an eye.

Salthorae

Imperial Mountain Dew Taster
Jamor holds up the ring to the others, his voice still oddly distorted but understandable. "Anyone able to see magic or identify things?" He also pulled a coin out and showed the face, "what about these? Anyone recognize the stamped monarch on here? Someone can study both or either of these while we rest a bit."

OOC: OOC: I'm down to 2 Sorcery points and only 2/2/1 on my spells. I burned a lot of power in that fight! I'm going scale back a bit to mostly cantrips for the next fights unless I need to scale up.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Underwater
Morning
Round 0

“I can take a look at one of those coins,” Corus offered. He studied it to see if he knew the image, but his knowledge of the surface world was severely limited.

History: 1D20-1 = [1]-1 = 0

[sblock=Actions]
Saves:
Move:
Action (Extra Attack): 2 attacks
Bonus:
Free:
Reaction: Opportunity attack
Conditions:
Concentration:
Inspiration:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]
Character Sheet
AC: 19
HP: 46/52 HD: 6/6d10+2
Initiative: -1
PP: 10
PI: 10

Channel Divinity (1/R, DC 13)
  • Nature’s Wrath
  • Turn the Faithless

Divine Sense: 3/LR
Lay on Hands: 20/30

Spells
Divine Smite: 2d8 radiant+1d8/spell level higher than 1st (max 5d8)+1d8 vs fiends/undead
1) 4/4: Bless (C), Compelled Duel (BA, C), Cure Wounds, Ensnaring Strike (BA, C), Fog Cloud (C)(1/LR), Speak with Animals (R)
2) 1/2: Aid, Gust of Wind (C) (1/LR); Misty Step (BA); Moonbeam (C)
3) 0/0: Wall of Water (C)(1/LR)
4) 0/0: Dominate Beast (C, DC 15, beast with innate swim speed, 3 charges; recover 1d3/dawn)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Goals]
Treasure hunting in undersea city
What killed the leviathan?
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party]
Kaeldos Nalorn - Triton druid (land)
Jamoar Gallentra - Half-elf storm sorcerer
Tai-Tai - Water genasi battlemaster
Perilor Kelpwood - sea elf monk (shadows)
Stamr Cavehaven - dwarf rogue (scout)
Xander Corvus - half-elf hexblade
[/sblock]

tglassy

Adventurer
Corus believes with all his heart that these coins belonged to an ancient king of Avalastice, a desert kingdom nearly on the other side of the world. Because he heard of that place once.

OOC: You rolled a 0. You get so much more than “You know nothing, John Snow.”

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Underwater
Morning
Round 0

“Yes, I think I know this coin,” Corus said. “It is the image of an ancient king from Avalastice, probably Parmenades III, the Heretic King.” Corus handed back the coins. “We should investigate where this man and his minions came from in case there be more,” the sea paladin said.

Corus tucked into a dive and swam his way down toward the city once more.

[sblock=Actions]
Saves:
Move:
Action (Extra Attack): 2 attacks
Bonus:
Free:
Reaction: Opportunity attack
Conditions:
Concentration:
Inspiration:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]
Character Sheet
AC: 19
HP: 50/52 HD: 5/6d10+2
Initiative: -1
PP: 10
PI: 10

Channel Divinity (1/R, DC 13)

• Nature’s Wrath
  • Turn the Faithless

Divine Sense: 3/LR
Lay on Hands: 20/30

Spells
Divine Smite: 2d8 radiant+1d8/spell level higher than 1st (max 5d8)+1d8 vs fiends/undead
1) 4/4: Bless (C), Compelled Duel (BA, C), Cure Wounds, Ensnaring Strike (BA, C), Fog Cloud (C)(1/LR), Speak with Animals (R)
2) 1/2: Aid, Gust of Wind (C) (1/LR); Misty Step (BA); Moonbeam (C)
3) 0/0: Wall of Water (C)(1/LR)
4) 0/0: Dominate Beast (C, DC 15, beast with innate swim speed, 3 charges; recover 1d3/dawn)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Goals]
Treasure hunting in undersea city
What killed the leviathan?
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party]
Kaeldos Nalorn - Triton druid (land)
Jamoar Gallentra - Half-elf storm sorcerer
Tai-Tai - Water genasi battlemaster
Perilor Kelpwood - sea elf monk (shadows)
Stamr Cavehaven - dwarf rogue (scout)
Xander Corvus - half-elf hexblade
[/sblock]

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Stamr follows Corus as the depth increases. This is deeper than he has ever been, and even through his cloak, his ears pop.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases