D&D 5E Unearthed Arcana: 16 New Feats

"Today’s Unearthed Arcana presents a selection of new feats for Dungeons & Dragons. Each feat offers a way to become better at something or to gain a whole new ability."

Ec0zu9OU8AA8eVM.jpg

The feats include Artificer Initiate, Chef, Crusher, Eldritch Adept, Fey Touched, Fighting Initiate, Gunner, Metamagic Adept, Poisoner, Piercer, Practiced Expert, Shadow Touched, Shield Training, Slasher, Tandem Tactician, and Tracker.

Would anyone have a problem with allowing Eldritch Adept to choose Invocations based on character level even without being a Warlock?
Yes. It's called Agonising Blast.

"Non-warlocks can never meet prerequisites" is a simple and elegant way of keeping the order of magnitude more powerful combat invocations out of he hands of non-warlocks (not looking at any sorcerers in particular).

Would it break anything to allow a 15th level Arcane Trickster to be a Master of Myriad Forms? No. But it would require a long complex explanation for why they can meet the perquisite for that Invocation, but not Agonising Blast, despite knowing the Eldritch Blast cantrip.

Last edited:

Is Devil's Sight worthy of a full feat? Is it that character defining? Seeing in darkness?
Devil's sight is way more powerful than Darkvision, even to 120ft, and even not counting bing able to see through magical darkness. It doesn't suffer from the disadvantage to perception checks that Darkvision does.
Character-defining? Maybe, maybe not. But a normal human able to see better in darkness than a dwarf indicates something special about them certainly.

To me that wouldn't make me 'feel' like a Warlock. It would also eventually become essentially obsolete. That's the real issue with most of these non-prereq Invocations.
Depends on the in-game reason that the character developed the ability. But darkness is an issue no matter what level you are. Many other low-end invocations hold up well at high levels as well.

ad_hoc

(they/them)
I think my dream of having one of the 5th level Invocations is dead in the water.

I don't disagree with people about barring higher level class functions from feats. I just think 5th level is where the Invocations start to get really fun.

As is we basically have either cast a select 1st level spell at will or improved darkvision. Only the latter is a Warlock only power (until duplicated by higher level spells).

Oh and as a late response to someone who said Lifedrinker would be broken - It would not actually be allowed to be taken as it also requires the Pact of the Blade. It doesn't matter if the character has Pact of the Blade, as the specific Invocation granted through the feat has its own rules to it.

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases