Unearthed Arcana Unearthed Arcana August: Races of Ravnica

I don't know modern MtG or Ravnica other then what we have been talking about on here and at D&D the last few weeks...but quick look I like this.

Vedalken sound like I could totally play the blue elves like 'mystic elf' and 'magician of black chaos' from yugioh. I think I really like the race even if I never heard of it before.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Thinking about I think the Simic Hybrid is slightly under powered, it needs more options and the ability to chose one at levels 1, 3, and 5. As comparison The Tabaxi has Darkvision and Climb speed inheriantly, claws (it's own attack ability) and some other major stuff. The Simic gets two things and darkvision and it knows Elvish, that is it.

I am not so sure. The hybrid is much more adaptable to a wider variety of builds than the Tabaxi, as a feature f it’s design.

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/m/product/16782

Correction FR goes back to 1e, back when Sharess was still an CG aspect of Shar with no link to cats what so ever (she didn't become a Cat Goddess until 2e.

I knew the first box came out in the the late 80s but I forgot that 2e didn't come out until '89. Still, 3 of the most current core books out of 5 total and over half of the settings official lifespan is a pretty strong presence for the genasi.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I knew the first box came out in the the late 80s but I forgot that 2e didn't come out until '89. Still, 3 of the most current core books out of 5 total and over half of the settings official lifespan is a pretty strong presence for the genasi.

SCAG doesn't have the Genasi.

To become Spider-Man? I mean, it is super cool and has uses, particularly in an Ecumenopolitan setting, but isn't overwhelming. Aarocka can straight up fly.

But my point is manta glide is considerably better than flying. Aarocka have a maximum flight speed of 50'. Manta glide can achieve speeds of up to 1000'. That's 20 times faster. It works out at around 150 MPH. That's a lot faster than Spiderman.

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
I'd argue that the genasi being released with that adventure is more to do with the adventure than the campaign setting.

gyor

Legend
FR is the "sink" campaign setting, so everything that exists in D&D exists in FR.

Now that Ravnica and it's classes and races are being added to D&D official does that include those? If so where for the Simic Hybrid (likely to be renamed), Vedelkyns, Viashino, where those fit into FR? (FR already has Centaurs, Minotaurs, and Loxo/Loxodons).

gyor

Legend
What I'm thinking is Asabi = Viashino, Vedalkyn = Zephyrs (like Tieflings for the most lawful planes), and Simic Hybrids (Batrachi Hybrids) could be ancient Batrachi experiments on humans and later elves and Vedalkyn/Zephyrs. That could make them fit easier into FR.

Alternately keep it simple and allow straight up immigration from Ravnica, I mean at times it's seems a lot of Grayhawk's key beings moved over to FR, Acerak, Archwizard Mordy, several Seldaerine Gods that previously we're exclusive to Greyhawk. So maybe some portals open up and small amounts of Ravnicans start visiting Faerun, that would be an easy way to include stuff with out retconning anything and it would go both ways.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases