Unearthed Arcana Unearthed Arcana August: Races of Ravnica

I don't know modern MtG or Ravnica other then what we have been talking about on here and at D&D the last few weeks...but quick look I like this. Vedalken sound like I could totally play the blue elves like 'mystic elf' and 'magician of black chaos' from yugioh. I think I really like the race even if I never heard of it before.

I don't know modern MtG or Ravnica other then what we have been talking about on here and at D&D the last few weeks...but quick look I like this.

Vedalken sound like I could totally play the blue elves like 'mystic elf' and 'magician of black chaos' from yugioh. I think I really like the race even if I never heard of it before.

gyor

Legend
I just reread the Simic hybrid stuff and I realized we only really have the stats for the elf hybrid (gains Elvish language and Darkvision), although perhaps the floating stat is meant to represent the human versatility or the Vedalkyn's intellect.

"Simic hybrids share many of the characteristics of their original race, including their basic physical form.Human hybrids are the most versatile, filling a variety of roles. Agile elf hybrids retain the ability to see in darkness, making them idealas spies, scouts, and infiltrators. And vedalken hybrids possess the same calculating intellect as other vedalken, making them superior tacticians, strategists, and spellcasters."

Is it just me or was Simic Hybrid supposed to offer a more meaningful choice of previous race, but they only left the Elf version, because it doesn't seem like all Simic Hybrids were supposed to get darkvision, but they do.

Last edited by a moderator:

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
I just reread the Simic hybrid stuff and I realized we only really have the stats for the elf hybrid (gains Elvish language and Darkvision), although perhaps the floating stat is meant to represent the human versatility or the Vedalkyn's intellect.

Also I will doubt check, but can a Simic Hybrid have +3 con at level 1?
The pdf was on my phone. The floating +1 must be applied to a different ability score so no +3 constitution at level 1.

"Simic hybrids share many of the characteristics of their original race, including their basic physical form.Human hybrids are the most versatile, filling a variety of roles. Agile elf hybrids retain the ability to see in darkness, making them idealas spies, scouts, and infiltrators. And vedalken hybrids possess the same calculating intellect as other vedalken, making them superior tacticians, strategists, and spellcasters."

Is it just me or was Simic Hybrid supposed to offer a more meaningful choice of previous race, but they only left the Elf version, because it doesn't seem like all Simic Hybrids were supposed to get darkvision, but they do.

I assumed it was done for the sake of simplicity. There perhaps wouldn't have been enough differences to have three separate subraces. For the non-elves, they have gained darkvision as an additional mutation.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads