Unearthed Arcana Unearthed Arcana: Cleric, Druid, Wizard Options

In another new Unearthed Arcana (these things are coming out fast right now!) the cleric receives a new Divine Domain option: the Twilight Domain; the druid gains a new Druid Circle option: the Circle of Wildfire; and the wizard gains a new Arcane Tradition feature: Onomancy, the magic of true names.

In another new Unearthed Arcana (these things are coming out fast right now!) the cleric receives a new Divine Domain option: the Twilight Domain; the druid gains a new Druid Circle option: the Circle of Wildfire; and the wizard gains a new Arcane Tradition feature: Onomancy, the magic of true names.

safe_image.php.jpg

I doubt this strongly. Feedback of that kind is a request for spoonfeeding almost on the "how do i tell which one the d4, d6, d8, d%, d12, and d20s are? Also why is there an extra die and why is it numbered so weird" level of feedback. I refuse to insult my fellow players and call them that dumb. I doubt a ton of people said "we need a list of names". Maybe a small few. I actually border on finding the suggestion that real players said this offensive. I have higher opinions of them.
I am not sure if you are trying to invalidate the opinions of others other than yourself.

I am not sure if you are trying to invalidate the opinions of others other than yourself.
I am not. Im just this level of absolutely lost. What i am doing is i am expressing doubt that this actually was popular feedback because i cant imagine large numbers of people wanting to pay for pages of names of all things in the era of internet and free name lists and generators. Im being genuine. I really sincerely find myself doubting this happened. Also we have as of yet no reason to believe it was feedback by any signifficant number of people at all. Does anyone have evidence anyone actually asked for it?

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
BUY A BOOK OF NAMES, seriously, you can already buy books that are nothing, but names including fantasy names, many of which are great, you don't need to ruin another one of the few official releases that D&D puts out on useless filler anyone can do on their own out. There is limited space that could have gone to something that was actually cool, instead of a lazy list of names.

At the time they said they expanded the page count at no additional cost to the consumer. They just wanted to do the names. So no crunch pages were harmed in the making of these names list. Also, it's not considered useless or filler (and certainly not "ruined") by a great many fans of the game here. At the time it came out, a large number of people here quite liked them.

Maybe consider your preferences are not universal?

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
The name section gave them nothing of any use.

Quite a number of people said they got use of it.

A few people specifically saying they like the name section at that point is no justification for a valid product.

It was far more than a few, and you're not the judge of what is or is not a "valid product". Given it sells well, remains the most popular expansion book of a best selling series of books, and continues to see praise for the book including that section, your claim it's somehow an invalid product because of this section seems weird.

The ones saying it (if they are serious) might be brainlets. I mean...i cant take this seriously. Its like someone saying "oh i really enjoy roleplaying a bit less its so enriching". No. Nonononono. Wth is that?

OOOOOHHHH. I get it now. I see what kind of person you are. Gotcha.

At the time they said they expanded the page count at no additional cost to the consumer. They just wanted to do the names. So no crunch pages were harmed in the making of these names list.
This makes me feel signifficantly better.
Also, it's not considered useless or filler (and certainly not "ruined") by a great many fans of the game here. At the time it came out, a large number of people here quite liked them.
Yeah. Its a pretty useless page. And i still domt see evidence this was due to any signifficant amount of feedback. Obviously you like it, but thats not proof of feedback.
Maybe consider your preferences are not universal?
I never did think my preferences were universal. But i also dont think this was wanted by some huge population.

"It was far more than a few, and you're not the judge of what is or is not a "valid product". Given it sells well, remains the most popular expansion book of a best selling series of books, and continues to see praise for the book including that section, your claim it's somehow an invalid product because of this section seems weird."

Never said low numbers mean a bad product. I said low numbers dont mean a good product. And they dont. Also i doubt it sells well "because" of the filler section. That is pretty far reaching.

Still havent seen evidence of a supposed large population who all did feed back asking for this. That has just been asserted a bunch

Remove ads

Remove ads