Unearthed Arcana Unearthed Arcana: Mages of Strixhaven

An Unearthed Arcana playtest document for the upcoming Strixhaven: Curriculum of Chaos hardcover has been released by WotC!

strixhaven-school-of-mages-mtg-art-1.jpg

"Become a student of magic in this installment of Unearthed Arcana! This playtest document presents five subclasses for Dungeons & Dragons. Each of these subclasses allows you to play a mage associated with one of the five colleges of Strixhaven, a university of magic. These subclasses are special, with each one being available to more than one class."

It's 9 pages, and contains five subclasses, one for each the Strixhaven colleges:
  • Lorehold College, dedicated to the pursuit of history by conversing with ancient spirits and understanding the whims of time itself
  • Prismari College, dedicated to the visual and performing arts and bolstered with the power of the elements
  • Quandrix College, dedicated to the study and manipulation of nature’s core mathematic principles
  • Silverquill College, dedicated to the magic of words, whether encouraging speeches that uplift allies or piercing wit that derides foes
  • Witherbloom College, dedicated to the alchemy of life and death and harnessing the devastating energies of both

darjr

I crit!
Unearthed Arcana is not the place to worry about OP. Power combinations can always be dialed back in internal playtesting after UA; the point of UA is to see if the CONCEPT is good enough to stick. Better to go big and bold and dial back for the finished product than to start with a whimper.
It is! In thst give them feedback about how it’s OP. Cause they know it’ll be but also want feedback about that.

Weiley31

Legend
Where is this theory from? I didn't see anything that indicates that they treat immune as anything other than immune.
Usually in 5E, they have had a number of things that when it treated a Damage Resistance was downgraded to Regular damage, Immune Damage was downgraded to Resistant.

TwoSix

Dirty, realism-hating munchkin powergamer
For those who haven't checked yet, the classes each college works for are:

Lorehold - Bard, Warlock, or Wizard
Prismari - Druid, Sorcerer, or Wizard
Quandrix - Sorcerer or Wizard
Silverquill - Bard, Warlock, or Wizard
Witherbloom - Druid or Warlock
No cleric is interesting. I assumed the cross-White schools (Lorehold and Silverquill) would have cleric.

Weiley31

Legend
Beware! The Lorehold Wizard and his best friend the Palladalladingdong with a Sunblade will destroy anything in their path!
With Animal Adventures: Secret of Gullet Cove and Humblewood, this can actually be a legit idea.

I just realized I read Palladalladingdong as Palladalladingdog

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases