Unearthed Arcana Unearthed Arcana: Of Ships and The Sea

D

DQDesign

Being flexible and open to change and delay is a good quality in planning. If they stuck yo plans they recognized as problematic...well, that's what happened in 3.x for one thing.
the only problem is that when plans are not disclosed the flexible and smart ones are indistinguishable from the not existent ones.
as I said somewhere else the core issue is lack of transparency.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
the only problem is that when plans are not disclosed the flexible and smart ones are indistinguishable from the not existent ones.
as I said somewhere else the core issue is lack of transparency.

We have nobody to blame but ourselves. If they had been less transparent about the Artificer, people would be happier right now about it.

D

DQDesign

We have nobody to blame but ourselves. If they had been less transparent about the Artificer, people would be happier right now about it.
No, in that case we would still have the wayfinder's guide without the artificer and no explanation about the absence of it. it would be far worse, also because now I have a hope to have the artificer in my $ 9.99 expenditure. in the other way around I would be very upset.
transparency is the best option in most cases, IMO.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
No, in that case we would still have the wayfinder's guide without the artificer and no explanation about the absence of it. it would be far worse, also because now I have a hope to have the artificer in my $ 9.99 expenditure. in the other way around I would be very upset.
transparency is the best option in most cases, IMO.

Transparency has not worked for WotC; not being transparent has worked for them. Rewarded behavior gets reinforced, punished behavior is disincentivized.

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
Great minds think alike! Unfortunately, I don't have a great mind. I was wondering if it's a stealth playtest for Eberron airships.
You may be right. It does have an air ship with an elemental drive in it and since they do have the living document for Eberron this might be part of it. Someone also mentioned a high seas adventure is on its way so it could also be related to that (no reason it couldn't have multiple purposes).

Parmandur

Book-Friend
You may be right. It does have an air ship with an elemental drive in it and since they do have the living document for Eberron this might be part of it. Someone also mentioned a high seas adventure is on its way so it could also be related to that (no reason it couldn't have multiple purposes).

The possibilities are literally endless if they get the basic rules workable.

D

DQDesign

Transparency has not worked for WotC; not being transparent has worked for them. Rewarded behavior gets reinforced, punished behavior is disincentivized.

it's the only rational explanation.

anyway, managing a brand like the d&d one on the basis of such a primitive approach (present also in the ethology of the most ancient animals) is not the best way, imo.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
it's the only rational explanation.

anyway, managing a brand like the d&d one on the basis of such a primitive approach (present also in the ethology of the most ancient animals) is not the best way, imo.

For you subjectively, but it seems to be working out OK.

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
The possibilities are literally endless if they get the basic rules workable.
True that. As soon as I posted that I thought that they could also use the rules for the silt skimmers in Darksun. Air, water, silt, space. Different environments through which ships can sail.

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases