Unearthed Arcana Unearthed Arcana: Sorcerer and Warlock

There's a new Unearthed Arcana from WotC today, hot on the heels of the recent one for barbarian and monk. "Two classes, the sorcerer and the warlock, discover new playtest possibilities this week. The sorcerer receives a new Sorcerous Origin feature: the Aberrant Mind. Meanwhile, the warlock gains a new Otherworldly Patron feature: the Lurker in the Deep. We’ve also included a new cantrip: mind sliver."

Screenshot 2019-09-05 at 23.57.22.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Istbor

Dances with Gnolls
I like these.

My Ranger recently decided to drink some Eldritch tainted dragon blood to ill effect. I am thinking of asking him for his thoughts on maybe multi-classing due to the corruption.

MarkB

Legend
The 6th-level cast-from-Sorcery-points class feature is interesting. Perhaps a hint towards how they're implementing Psionic spellcasting.

Aldarc

Legend
The warlock seems very much inspired by the warlock Travis Willingham plays on Critical Role, and his patron Ukatoa.
Possibly. Though I know that it is not written for the coming Eberron book, the Lurker/Kraken patron works INCREDIBLY WELL for a half-elf warlock of House Lyrandar, which is symbolized by a Kraken. There is even a cult among House Lyrandar that believes that their founding members, Lyran and Selavash, did not die, but were, instead, transformed into krakens, believe that they can become krakens, and also worship the Devourer.

I wonder if next month's UA will involve a ranger whose animal companion is all in his/her mind.
It's called a "Beast Master Ranger."

OB1

Jedi Master
Two solid additions.

I'm going with Elminster's Guide to the Planes as the big setting book for next year, which will include the Psionic Class and these recent UA Psi-subclasses for other classes.

Ash Mantle

Adventurer
These are fantastic! With the previous barbarian and monk UAs, I'd some degree of certainty the next focus may have been on a Planescape supplement, but with these in the mix, I'm now not so sure.
Hopefully we'll get something involving madness, insanity and the Far Realms. It may even mean a Xanathar's 2: Electric Boogaloo :D

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases