Unearthed Arcana Unearthed Arcana: Starter Spells; Plus UA Returning To Monthly & Sage Advice Returning

Chaos Bolt is the first Sorcerer-only spell. Interesting. What I've read so far looks really good. I like the idea of Ceremony quite a bit, but some of the effects (Investiture!) might be a little overpowered.

Chaos Bolt is the first Sorcerer-only spell. Interesting.

What I've read so far looks really good. I like the idea of Ceremony quite a bit, but some of the effects (Investiture!) might be a little overpowered.

Tales and Chronicles

Jewel of the North, formerly know as vincegetorix
I think marriage should be enlarged to include sacred bonds or oath between friends/brothers in arm. Also, +2 AC is a weird effect for something supposed to represent a moral boost; maybe advantage on Death saving throws if your bonded friend is still fighting could be more interesting, or something similar to bardic inspiration.

gyor

Legend
I really wasn't big on most of the 1st level spells except Ceremony, Guiding Hand, Chaos Bolt, and Elixar (weird that Clerics and Druids don't get it), Chorus.

I loved most of the cantrips.

Clerics, Paladins, Favoured Souls, and those with Cleric Ritual casting feat or Magic Iniate Cleric feat will have access to it and it really makes them feel more functional priest like.

With a Sorcerors know spell limits none are ever going to take awaken, sorry I just don't see it happening, it's not flavorful enough or useful often enough to take over other choices, a wizard can afford to take it, but a sorceror has to be picker and that doesn't make the cut.

Winners are Bard, Cleric, Druid, Favoured Soul in my opinion, although it's nice to see Paladin's get Ceremony.

Last edited by a moderator:

The power of love empowers us to fight harder for the one we love than we ever could alone.

Because "the family that slays together, stays together", right? At least for 24 hours!

Things like talking, reading, raising children, going out on dates, cooking a nice meal, earning a living--those are all so passe. The only thing that matters in THIS universe is fightin', sleepin', and then more fightin'.

What a sad, sad, sad, sad world.

Henry

Autoexreginated
Does anyone else besides me find it extremely funny that in D&D-land, apparently the primary benefit of marriage is a temporary +2 bonus to your AC and saving throws? At least in 5E.

What a messed-up world that implies. :)

That's one kinky honeymoon. ;) more appropriate for the 10-year, though. :)

Ceremony: atonement doesn't do anything since alignment has no mechanical effect in 5e (and it should stay that way!).

It does do a couple of things. It affects the functioning of certain magic items (e.g. Robe of the Neutral Archmagi) and some spells (Glyph of Warding) can be set to trigger based off alignment.

Remove ads

Remove ads