• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Unearthed Arcana: Travelers of the Multiverse

New free content from WotC - the latest 4-page Unearthed Arcana introduces six new races: astral elf, autognome, giff, hadozee, plasmoid, and thri-kreen. https://dnd.wizards.com/articles/unearthed-arcana/travelers-multiverse Looks like Spelljammer and/or Planescape is back on the menu!

New free content from WotC - the latest 4-page Unearthed Arcana introduces six new races: astral elf, autognome, giff, hadozee, plasmoid, and thri-kreen.

Screen Shot 2021-10-08 at 10.45.04 PM.png

Looks like Spelljammer and/or Planescape is back on the menu!

Weiley31

Legend
I really hope we never see an aberration playable race, tbh. I think it kinda kills the point of them, which is to be an anti-natural blight on the world that cannot truly be understood by any natural creature.
I liked the Elan though from 3E/3.5 and also like the idea of playing an Aberration that is trying to spy on the material plane. cue the Rime of the Frostmaiden Secrets subsystem.

Scribe

Legend
Like what?
Nothing that needs derail the thread. It simply makes more sense, with all that's been excised from what defines a PC option already, to present the subraces as they currently do the base.

Otherwise a subrace (auto-correct) is sometimes as little as 1 rule. Fallen Aasimar for example.

Bolares

Hero
@Scribe I'm curious to see your opinion about this. Seing this races, and seing this as the first time they appear in 5e, do you think they have enough crunch in them?

Something like what Saltmarsh did, but with more of a page count for the crunch. That's seems a very likely possibility...
To add on to this, really, once you have the races, factions, the ships, rules for boarding, and a section on how travel works in the setting, you really don't need much more. No need for maps or gazateers (other than a quick run down of important known crystal spheres) outside the Rock of Bral, which would almost certainly be featured in the adventure part of the book. And monsters would be in the bestiary part of the adventure anyway. So yeah, I'm definitely guessing this will be an adventure/setting hybrid.

Weiley31

Legend
To add on to this, really, once you have the races, factions, the ships, rules for boarding, and a section on how travel works in the setting, you really don't need much more. No need for maps or gazateers (other than a quick run down of important known crystal spheres) outside the Rock of Bral, which would almost certainly be featured in the adventure part of the book. And monsters would be in the bestiary part of the adventure anyway. So yeah, I'm definitely guessing this will be an adventure/setting hybrid.
Alotta stuff with ships, crews, Island(abandoned space stations) from Ghosts of Saltmarsh could also be refluffed as well for it.

Remove ads

Remove ads