• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Unearthed Arcana: Travelers of the Multiverse

New free content from WotC - the latest 4-page Unearthed Arcana introduces six new races: astral elf, autognome, giff, hadozee, plasmoid, and thri-kreen. https://dnd.wizards.com/articles/unearthed-arcana/travelers-multiverse Looks like Spelljammer and/or Planescape is back on the menu!

New free content from WotC - the latest 4-page Unearthed Arcana introduces six new races: astral elf, autognome, giff, hadozee, plasmoid, and thri-kreen.

Screen Shot 2021-10-08 at 10.45.04 PM.png

Looks like Spelljammer and/or Planescape is back on the menu!

Argyle King

Legend
Is it me or the Giff seem reeeally underpowered compared to the other (great) options offered?

I was thinking that.

From a glance, Thri-keen and Autognome look strongest to me.

I feel like Plasmoid could be pretty good, but I'm not 100% sure what some of their abilities actually do.

Weiley31

Legend
Hmm, in regards to the Astral Elf, I noticed Fey Ancestry is lacking the "Immune to magical sleep" part of elves.

Oversight or a slight stealth nerf errata to Fey Ancestry?

overgeeked

B/X Known World

Looks like Spelljammer and/or Planescape is back on the menu!
And Star Frontiers. The Plasmoid is basically the Dralasites. The Hardozee is basically the Yazirians. And the thri-kreen have always been the Vrusk. And Dark Sun, obviously.

Not sure I like the lack of gunpowder references with the Giff.

Wish the thri-kreen had some kind of leaping ability.

But hot damn. Star Frontiers, Dark Sun, and Spelljammer. Squee!

Weiley31

Legend
Honestly, it's useful enough, and consistent at once a Turn (!), that it really sucked up their power budget. They'll see play.
Ya: They seem super simple feature wise, but technically they already posses two potent features. One a buff errata to a ribbon ability and the former as mentioned before.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Ya: They seem super simple feature wise, but technically they already posses two potent features. One a buff errata to a ribbon ability and the former as mentioned before.
Based on looking at various Races with Powerful Build, WotC is not treating it like a Ribbon in their cost analysis.

Remove ads

Remove ads