D&D 5E Unearthed Arcana: Travelers of the Multiverse

New free content from WotC - the latest 4-page Unearthed Arcana introduces six new races: astral elf, autognome, giff, hadozee, plasmoid, and thri-kreen. https://dnd.wizards.com/articles/unearthed-arcana/travelers-multiverse Looks like Spelljammer and/or Planescape is back on the menu!

New free content from WotC - the latest 4-page Unearthed Arcana introduces six new races: astral elf, autognome, giff, hadozee, plasmoid, and thri-kreen.

Screen Shot 2021-10-08 at 10.45.04 PM.png

Looks like Spelljammer and/or Planescape is back on the menu!

Bolares

Hero
My take from someone that knows almost nothing about spelljammer and planescape:

Sigil seems to be a big deal, I doubt they wouldn't mention it in a planar book. At the same time, the sailing aspect and connectivity of spelljammer seems to fit well with stabilished lore of 5e. MAybe they will merge this and other stuff in to one big book?

Weiley31

Legend
Everybody in Dark Sun: Man, this place sucks.
Spelljammer lands on Arthas.
Giff Captain: Hey, wanna venture the Astral Sea?
Everybody: Okay!
5E Dark Sun book then becomes a Spelljammer setting book halfway through.
Sorcerer King: Ah bloody hell mates, we should've made those Hotels while we had the chance during 4E.

Mort

Legend
Supporter
Crawford: "Okay. Do you have the wall covered in adjectives again?"

Mearls: "Yeah. Everything is set to go. Here are your darts."

thunk

Crawford: "Hmm. Dung. Dung elves? Yeah, I can work with that. Let's get on it."

I like it or:

Crawford: We need another subrace for this book, put some names in a cup and draw one out.

Mearls: ok, here we go; Crap, Elves again.

Crawford: Crap elves? awsome, let's do it!

Faolyn

(she/her)
The astral elves make me wonder if they are going for Planejammer (which I don't want) or a book that's half Spelljammer, half Manual of the Planes (which I'd prefer--although not as much as I'd prefer one book for Spelljammer and one for MotP).

Remove ads

Remove ads