Unearthed Arcana Unearthed Arcana: Wizards & Warlocks -- Hexblades, Raven Queens, and Lore Mastery!

Master of Hexes Starting at 14th level, you can use your Hexblade’s Curse again without resting, but when you apply it to a new target, the curse immediately ends on the previous target. Does this mean you can cast it one more time, or over and over again? And does the 1 minute duration reset upon a new target, or does it continue from the previous target?

Master of Hexes
Starting at 14th level, you can use your
Hexblade’s Curse again without resting, but
when you apply it to a new target, the curse
immediately ends on the previous target.

Does this mean you can cast it one more time, or over and over again? And does the 1 minute duration reset upon a new target, or does it continue from the previous target?

TwoSix

Dirty, realism-hating munchkin powergamer
Aw, heck.

All joking aside, IIRC, I previously discussed this issue with [MENTION=12731]CapnZapp[/MENTION] (the whole "sorcerers don't suck" thing). And my point was that, hey, Sorcerers get the meta-magic.

So, to the extent that the Lore Wizard gets added to the crunch ... [MENTION=12731]CapnZapp[/MENTION] was right.
To be fair, I think they're assessing the reaction to damage type swapping, save swapping, and spending spell slots on extra effects. Judging whether or not those effects belong to the wizard class is probably a secondary but still interesting consideration for them.

seebs

Adventurer
Huh.

Is Burning Hex "an attack"? Does it break invisibility? I mean, if I were running it, of course it would, but a friend pointed out that it's not a spell, and neither is the curse, and it has no to-hit-roll or save or anything, so... is it an attack?

TwoSix

Huh.

Is Burning Hex "an attack"? Does it break invisibility? I mean, if I were running it, of course it would, but a friend pointed out that it's not a spell, and neither is the curse, and it has no to-hit-roll or save or anything, so... is it an attack?
My personal rule would be no, and a hexblade could turn invisible and keep burning their cursed target. But I freely admit that's personal preference.

Al2O3

Explorer
What?

WHAT!!!???!!!!

This a thread of our reactions to an Unearthed Arcana publication.

And you are asking, no, demanding that I ... be FAIR?

Have you no decency, sir? I ask you again, at long last, HAVE ... YOU ... NO ... DECENCY?

It is my Katana-given right to COMPLAIN in a COMPLETELY UNFAIR AND TOTALLY BIASED MANNER about anything that WoTC puts out in their UA. It's like, in the Constitution or something. It's Article VIII, I'm pretty sure.
Katana-given right? I must have missed that part of Hexblade...

Sent from my Nexus 6 using EN World mobile app

zaratan

First Post
katana remind me of fighter samurai. 3 lvl deep to get fight style, action surge and 3x/short rest resistance to slashing, blugeoning and piercing damage for one turn (with armor of aghatys) and advantage in all attacks for 2 turns/use. Looks a good multiclass hexblade samurai (unfortunately Hexblade’s Curse and Fighting Spirit use bonus action).

fenix sorcerer/hexblade with scorching ray and hex with 4d6+11 for each ray looks great too, but is only 1 encounter/day.

TwoSix

katana remind me of fighter samurai. 3 lvl deep to get fight style, action surge and 3x/short rest resistance to slashing, blugeoning and piercing damage for one turn (with armor of aghatys) and advantage in all attacks for 2 turns/use. Looks a good multiclass hexblade samurai (unfortunately Hexblade’s Curse and Fighting Spirit use bonus action).
Hexblade1/Stone Sorcerer 1/Samurai 3 would be hella fun, for a Cha/Con focused character.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads