• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Unpopular Geek Media Opinions

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
giphy.gif

Erekose

Eternal Champion
More low side of average for me. It's not Highlander II bad.

Not a trekking, barely remember ToS.
I know what you mean about Highlander 2 - I had such high hopes for how they were going to take the story forward now that Connor had the prize and there were no other immortals. And then they decided to take a decidedly ”unexpected” turn 😲

Zardnaar

Legend
I know what you mean about Highlander 2 - I had such high hopes for how they were going to take the story forward now that Connor had the prize and there were no other immortals. And then they decided to take a decidedly ”unexpected” turn 😲

That movie was stupid even as a kid who didn't know better.

Highlander 3 think I enjoyed it aged 17 or so.

Erekose

Eternal Champion
The Final Frontier's biggest problem might have been that it followed the well regarded Voyage Home. But it wasn't a good movie, and I'm glad the TOS crew got a much better send off with The Undiscovered Country.
Completely agree - I’m still not sure how I’d rank/compare TMP and V as they were both flawed films but for such very different reasons - but at least the original cast got to go out on a high with VI.

In the same train of thought, just wish the first Next Generation film had either not had Kirk in it or treated him very differently …

Erekose

Eternal Champion
That movie was stupid even as a kid who didn't know better.

Highlander 3 think I enjoyed it aged 17 or so.
Ironically Highlander 3 is a closer comparison to STV … not a good film but with moments I liked (albeit the moments in H3 were driven by ”nostalgic echoes“ from the first film!).

Zardnaar

Legend
Completely agree - I’m still not sure how I’d rank/compare TMP and V as they were both flawed films but for such very different reasons - but at least the original cast got to go out on a high with VI.

In the same train of thought, just wish the first Next Generation film had either not had Kirk in it or treated him very differently …

Only enjoyed 1 Star Trek movie while younger of the first 6. Pt IV. Didn't know who Khan was from ToS.

On somewhat recent rewatch VI wasn't awful the rest kinds boring (except IV).;

Zardnaar

Legend
Ironically Highlander 3 is a closer comparison to STV … not a good film but with moments I liked (albeit the moments in H3 were driven by ”nostalgic echoes“ from the first film!).

The only good Highlander is the first movie and the TV show.

Surprising amount of faces to recognize in it if you watched Trek, Stargate, Babylon 5, Continuum etc.

Remove ads