Unusual Sandwiches

DammitVictor

Trust the Fungus
Supporter
My wife has been on a peanut butter and pickle sandwich kick for the last couple of days. I've been making them for her, but I bring them to her on a plate with the greeting, "Your abomination is ready, my dear."

My girlfriend seems to feel that way about every goddamned thing I cook, unless I cooked it specifically for her.

My wife has been on a peanut butter and pickle sandwich kick for the last couple of days. I've been making them for her, but I bring them to her on a plate with the greeting, "Your abomination is ready, my dear."

Johnathan
Your wife has a cast iron stomach. Pickle and peanut butter together is terrifying.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
The night before, we did ribeyes, potatoes and Cali mix veggies for dinner, and I did another bourbon mushroom cream sauce for it. The sauce came out almost like a nice creamy mushroom soup. We all had as much as we wanted, but there WERE leftovers.

(Boo-hoo!)

So Saturday’s lunch was a variation of this previous one that pretty much looks the same, using the leftover sliced ribeye. (So I’m cheating by reposting.)

The bread was sourdough this time, with creamy horseradish sauce instead of the mayo and onion spread, and the bourbon mushroom sauce was added as well.

The Swiss cheese was replaced with steakhouse onion cheddar.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I’ve done them before, kinda winging it, with decent results. But after looking up how it’s done by some pros, I’m definitely getting better,

prabe

Tension, apprension, and dissension have begun
Supporter
I based my approach on something from a cookbook, but it's evolved--and I've found it can me a little more flexible than most cookbook writers think.

Remove ads