Unusual Sandwiches

Zardnaar

Legend
Today’s breakfast: Prosciutto, Genoa salami & ham on toasted sourdough with smoked Gouda, spinach, tomatoes, spicy brown mustard, black pepper, red wine vinegar and mesquite-smoked olive oil

uc2sKN1.jpg

I had oats with peaches and yoghurt lol. 6 months worth of oats.

Never been able to really get into cooked breakfasts. It's a rare treat. Army camp all you could eat buffet. Week one cooked, week 2-6 cereal, fruit, yoghurt, juice.

Even when someone else cooks it yeah can't do it to often. Last one was those pancakes I posted.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I like oatmeal cooked with milk (not water), seasoned with cinnamon & sugar.

Beyond that?

I eat a lot of oat based baked goods, and my cold cereals often have some form of oats in them.

Zardnaar

Legend
I like oatmeal cooked with milk (not water), seasoned with cinnamon & sugar.

Beyond that?

I eat a lot of oat based baked goods, and my cold cereals often have some form of oats in them.

I use milk and throw them in the microwave.

They come in various flavours here. Apple and wildberry is my favorite.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I use milk and throw them in the microwave.

They come in various flavours here. Apple and wildberry is my favorite.
We have the flavored varieties, too, but I’ve never been tempted. I’ve seen people jazz theirs up with things like nuts and rasins, but never thought of doing that myself, even when I had the stuff on hand and readily available.

Hmmmm...I did just make a batch of trail mix...

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter

Faux-laches for breakfast: Leftover rolls from restaurant take out, buttered & toasted, with American cheese, mustard, and sliced Genoa salami (left) or country sausage (right).

Of the two, the country sausage version tasted best.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Chicken tender sandwich on toasted sourdough & veggies. The sandwich has only a single condiment: a 50/50 mix of butter & honey, seasoned with cayenne, paprika, and cinnamon.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Recently had a hamburger with a fried egg as a topping. It was good.
There’s a Korean-American fusion place near me that has one of those on the menu. I haven’t tried one, but one of my cousins always gets it when we go, and since he makes it disappear so quickly, they must be good.

One of these days...

Remove ads