Unusual Sandwiches

rgoodbb

Adventurer
I was starting to type an answer, but got stuck. What type of bread counts for a sandwich? Is a tortilla or pita the thing of a sandwich, or do they define their own class of foods?
I think the definition of an enworld sandwich should come from the original poster...

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I was starting to type an answer, but got stuck. What type of bread counts for a sandwich? Is a tortilla or pita the thing of a sandwich, or do they define their own class of foods?
If it’s stuff served in/on bread, I’d consider those sandwiches. I’ve been making sandwiches on tortillas, pitas, naan and other breads for a long time,

That includes hot dogs, burgers and all kinds of things until you get into stuffed pastries. Then you’re talking varieties of hand pies.

The exceptions I think I’d make are pizzas and injera- an Ethiopian flatbread. And I think I make those exceptions because they’re both only used in a particular way.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Mediterranean Salami & Chicken Sandwich

AQ8oREO.jpg

Toasted onion roll, drizzled with mesquite-smoked olive oil & red wine vinegar
Genoa salami
Sliced chicken
Lebanese basil & garlic spread
Radish sprouts
Sliced goat feta cheese

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter

Toasted Everything bagel
Genoa Salami
Sliced Boiled Egg
Basil-infused Garlic spread
Cream Cheese spread
Dill seasoning mix

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Better than my sandwich. Was hungry after it and disappointed.

Grandma's choice though she likes roasts and fish and ye old school meat.

Spices, flavour,taste etc not so appealing.
Time to start packing a vial of seasonings for YOUR food. Or even a bandolier or utility belt...or maybe wrist shooters!

”Who are you?”

”I’m Spicierman!”

Zardnaar

Legend
Time to start packing a vial of seasonings for YOUR food. Or even a bandolier or utility belt...or maybe wrist shooters!

”Who are you?”

”I’m Spicierman!”

My father in law has been growing chilli's and I can eat a hot Vindaloo no problem.

Arabic food is spiced but not hot. Some if them can disagree with me though or espicially the wife. Tastes good going down.

Basically our tradition is when it's your birthday you pick the restaurant and family and friends adds up to around 15-16 people.

Since we're not big on consumer goods we dine out a lot.

Remove ads