Unusual Sandwiches

Zardnaar

Legend
Bit of flooding here so we went out for dinner.

Open stack steak sandwich. Goat cheese on bread, steak, mushrooms, mushroom sauce, crispy onion strings as garnish. Best stack sandwich I've had delicious 9/10. Washed down with hazy ipa, APA and a peanut butter ice cream.

IMG_20210103_182723.jpg

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
International meal!
enD13k8.jpg

Turkey sandwich with Juustoleipa, mayo, brown mustard & black pepper on toasted onion roll

Vietnamese pickled daikon & carrots

Not pictured: Tostitos corn chips

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Open-faced pita/faux pizza

mUiA7zb.jpg

Lightly toasted pita drizzled with garlic-infused olive oil, cracked black pepper, shredded baby spinach, diced green onion, shaved sharp cheddar, shaved akawi cheese, sliced Campari tomato, prosciutto, Genoa salami

Got to eat a bit of family history today.

My wife's from Baltimore (that's Balmer, hun). Back in the '70s they used to go to Powerhouse Natural Foods store in Towson where they would get a Powerhouse sandwich.

It is:
7-grain whole grain bread
Chunks of Muenster cheese
Romaine lettuce
Tomatoes
Alfalfa sprouts
Mayo
And the secret ingredient ... Spike seasoning in the mayo

Served with a side of Whisps cheese crips ... yum!

Zardnaar

Legend
Photos fairly meh.

IMG_20210207_125235.jpg

Scottish baps filled with lettuce, cheese, cherry tomato, onion and chorizo salami.

Kinda basic but added smoked manuka bbq sauce with siracha mayo.

Very tasty with a spicy kick not bad for a light lunch.

Last edited:

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Came up with a new one recently. No pix yet, but...

I combined mortadella with Cambozolla blue cheese with Mayo & mustard on sourdough. Cambozolla is a fusiin of blue and brie, so it makes for a nice creamy text with blue’s characteristic salty funkiness. Mortadella is essentially an Italian style bologna.

Remove ads