Unusual Sandwiches

Ulfgeir

Hero
Hard bread with ground cheese, chopped red onion and black pepper. Normally I use a different milder cheese. This was Västerbotten cheese.

Attachments

• IMG_20210910_204041.jpg
    IMG_20210910_204041.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 106

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
I think I've posted about Sausage, Egg, and Pepper jack on Jalapeno Bagel before. But my son is finally fully vaxxed, so going out to eat outside feels safer (when food service workers and folks in line aren't great about masking).
IMG_20211002_085044.jpg

Zardnaar

Legend
I think I've posted about Sausage, Egg, and Pepper jack on Jalapeno Bagel before. But my son is finally fully vaxxed, so going out to eat outside feels safer (when food service workers and folks in line aren't great about masking).
View attachment 144733

If I was fully vaxxed and in America I would do limited dine out.

Been dining out more as I expect another lockdown within the next month or so.

No Covid locally since April last year Delta says hi. Everyone har one is double vaxxed and he is single vax waiting to get shot 2.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
For a late night snack tonight, I had a PB&J sandwich. But the ”J” in this case was a lavender peach preserve I picked up at the Farmers’ Market. I’ve bought other stuff from this vendor before, and amost all of it has been very good to excellent. (Her pickles have been the line exception.)

So expectations were high…and met! The lavender gives the normally sweet peach preserves a floral/herbal note, toning it down while simultaneously elevating it.

I’m gong to try it on crackers with brie, soon.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I’ve been eating a cheese called Merlot Bellavitano for years now. It’s a frequent component of my charcuterie boards. But I recently started trying it on sandwiches. Based on those successes, I’m thinking the next step with it will be a full-on cheeseburger of some kind.

Zardnaar

Legend
I just had some pork andouille sausage topped with merlot bellavitano cheese, Mayo and brown mustard rolled up in a fat, warmed pita. It was gooooood.

I know what half of that is!!!

Sounds pretty good/salty.

Weekend out and about.

IMG_20211016_190129.jpg

Thai chilli chicken with a hot dog and chips. I can't explain our fish and chip shops. Wife had beef black pepper.

Coconut Ice

IMG_20211017_092822.jpg

Hand made traditional candy. It's basically icing Suger, condensed milk and coconut. These slices were huge around two inches across. Didn't buy as I'm not a fan of that amount of Suger or if coconut. Mother used to make it as a kid but a lot smaller pieces.

Bi weekly breakfast joint. Had a mocha and pancakes.

IMG_20211017_094905.jpg

Blueberries and yoghurt.

Last edited:

Remove ads