D&D 4E UPDATED 6/20/08! kiznit's 4e Fold-over Character Sheet w/ Cards

eternaleye

First Post
Hello everyone, I liked this character sheet but was bothered by some things. Therefore, I went through and edited it by converting it to SVG images, editing them in Inkscape (Illustrator supports them too, but I'm on Linux and prefer open-source software anyway), exporting each page to PDF, and using GhostScript to combine them into one document. I went through the thread and implemented most of the suggestions made that would have been on the table for v1.1, and a few other like lightening the artwork a bit, making the blade of the sword lighter than the hilt so it looks more "swordlike", rounding the ends of most of the gray background boxes, and replacing most of the boxes that were not annotated with ovals to look "smoother". I uploaded a zip of the PDF and my SVG sources to megaupload, here's the link: DOWNLOAD. (Note: the fourth page and the PDF are tagged "nologo" because one of the modifications I made was to substitute in my logo, which I don't want shared - so I made a "nologo" version which is the same logo as the original.)

EDIT 1: Somehow the first few words got cut off.

Last edited:

Rafe

First Post
Kiznit, and this may sound odd, but is there any way you could post a file of the form-fillable version of the character sheet that contains only the first 2 pages and not all 7?

Modifying it disables the save data ability for those who don't have full versions of Adobe Acrobat. The reason I ask is because my players all have their own power cards and don't need the prop-up cards. Also, emailing 3.2 megs (2 pages) is a lot easier than emailing 7.5+ megs (7 pages).

Great work on the character sheet. Everyone in my group uses it.

eternaleye

First Post
I just a bit ago noticed that the skills section was poorly marked up - my modification put 'Racial' boxes on the darkened lines but not the lightened ones. I fixed that, and switched the upload to MediaFire because they are less intrusive in their download setup. Download here.

Rafe

First Post
re: Skills: I think there needs to be a box after Racial modifiers for half level. I know that sounds silly, but I messed up my skill bonus totals 4 times due to trying to calculate ability score penalties/bonuses + 1/2 level + Jack of All Trades bonus OR Trained bonus +/- Armor Penalty + Misc. I don't feel there needs to be as large a space for Misc. Modifiers.

Also, it'd be nice for Racial Modifiers box to be an actual box (completely enclosed). Just easier to see and account for and is more consistent with the rest of the sheet.

Regardless of these little suggestions, I love the sheet and all my players use it in my game. In the game I play in, half the people use it. That's pretty good coverage and says a lot. :)

eternaleye

First Post
Boxes for half-level added to both skill rows and to ability lines. My last change put actual boxes on all of the skill lines, and for Jack of All Trades (Which is a freaking awesome feat, my wizard has it) I recommend putting it in the shaded misc area.

New download here.

UPDATED 2008-11-12: Newer download here.
Changes:
- Removed 1/2 lvl field from skills, in favor of one at abilities
- Changed 1/2 lvl field at abilities to 1/2 lvl + Ability mod
- Fixed my incorrect fix for weight limits, the person who posted that must have been making a joke. (I'm still in my first campaign, a bit green, but open to advice if anyone wants to give it.)

By the way, if anyone is wondering why I've picked this up, it's because of a few reasons:
- I like doing vector editing and finicky changes to things
- This thread hasn't seen kiznit for a bit, and requests were piling up
- People were asking for editable sources, and pdf2svg was able to supply them (I love my linux utils)

If kiznit shows up, I'm totally cool with handing this back to him, and I'm also perfectly willing to fold in changes other people make to my version (provided they're okay with it)

In case this wasn't clear, inside the zip is:
- A PDF much like kiznit's original, but with my improvements
- A set of SVG files, one for each page.
-- These can be edited in Inkscape (my preference, free, and open-source), Illustrator, or other vector art programs. I can also export them to other formats if people want, the options for this are:

- "Plain" SVG - strictly standards compliant, understood by nearly everything
- PostScript (understood by Illustrator and most vector editors)
- Encapsulated PostScript (ditto PostScript)
- Enhanced Meta-File (mainly Microsoft things, if I remember correctly)
- POV-Ray (3-d renderers)
- LaTex + PSTricks (typesetting software)
- Gimp Palette (GNU Image Manipulation Program)
- OpenDocument Drawing (ISO Standard, implemented best by OpenOffice, which is free and open-source)
- Various bitmap formats (JPG, PNG, GIF, etc.)

Last edited:

rvrchamp

First Post
Wow this looks awesome!

I downloaded it successfully... but am unable to edit the sheets (ie enter my character information).

Is this because I'm on a mac? If so what do I need to do to be able to edit and add information?

thanks, and two thumbs up on the great work!

eternaleye

First Post
There's a form-fillable one, which is linked in the first post, but the one I posted is not yet form-fillable because of the convolutions that the document has gone through while I modified it. I'm currently working on a version that should be easier for others to make form-fillable versions of, but that's not yet done.

rvrchamp

First Post
I see... well serious dude, this is an AWESOME sheet! Good job for picking up the baton and improving upon the design.

I'll keep an eye out for an update!

Llwynog

First Post
I really like your changes. Most of our group prefers Kiznit's sheet because of the paper-doll equipment thing but I prefer to have calculation workspace so I've been using the neceros.com sheets. Your changes to Kiznit's sheets have almost got me convinced to use it (a little more OCD on calculation spaces would probably do it but since you provided the svgs I may be able to do it myself).

Last edited:

eternaleye

First Post
But the problem I'm having at the moment is that it won't print from Foxit 3.0.1301 in Windows 2000. We'll have our new SUSE box up and running next week and I can try some Linux options then. Any advice for now (other than installing the resource gobbling Adobe Reader which I'm glad to be rid of)?

Well, so far it's worked in Okular very well. It's a KDE4 program, which means that it's available for Windows, Mac, and Linux.

Links:
The KDE on Windows Project - Welcome to The KDE on Windows Project
.: KDE 4 Mac :.
http://kde.org (Main site, Linux)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases