D&D 5E Using "D&D 2024" instead of "5e24"

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
Oh, why not throw in with you lot and make my very own? Im going with Five Alive.

DarkCrisis

Reeks of Jedi
Oh, why not throw in with you lot and make my very own? Im going with Five Alive.
short circuit eyes GIF

Sulicius

Adventurer
Well, I feel personally called out on this subject since I use 5e24 it on Sly Flourish's Discord. I use 5e24 because it is easiest for me to type. 5.5e seems ok to me too, but I don't like it as much.

I don't want to type a whole statement about the hobby every time I refer to something. I don't really care for all the other niche systems that are supposed to come out. I will refer to them by their name, is that so strange?

mamba

Legend
I don't really care for all the other niche systems that are supposed to come out.
I think that is the point they are making ;)

You could call it D&D24 or DnD24 or something, it’s not that much harder to type, but if you do not care you probably will not.

To me it makes little difference, but I understand where @SlyFlourish is coming from

OneDnD is, from the latest playtest direction, basically paid patch notes for 5e. It will supplant it as the lingua franca of TTRPGs, inevitably.

Tales of the Valiant and any other 3pp 5e-based games are only ever going to be that - 3rd party products. TotV will never replace D&D.

Remove ads