D&D 5E Using Manuevers to Flesh Out Feats

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
I really like the second version of the Solamnic Knight feats. I think I'm going to do a similar thing to make School feats for different "schools" of swordplay in my homebrew world.

What I'm not sure about is whether the feats have a little more room than what they're given in the UA, or not.

Noting that I consider the PHB Martial Adept feat to be fairly weak, would it be too much to budget those feats as 1 manuever and a +1 ASI? So, there'd then be room for things like a manuever (and dice obv) and a cantrip, or 2 manuevers and a small style ribbon, etc?

Things like Booming Blade and a choice of 3 tactical feeling manuevers for an intellect themed Magic Circle School, or parry and riposte and a small benefit like no OA from targets you hit this turn for a different school?

Also, what if the parry manuever, which is also kinda weak once you're past low levels, was more like deflect missiles? So you reduce the damage by superiority die plus your strength or dex plus proficiency bonus, and if you reduce it to 0 you can use a second die as part of the same reaction to make a riposte attack?

IDK this is very rough, an idea I just had. Lemme know what you think.

Remove ads