[v.3.5] Realmsian Dragonstar: The Battle of Toril PbP Game [IC] (Game Cancelled)

Shayuri

First Post
Silhouette saw that and decided...nope.

She twined her hands sinuously and chanted a siblant whisper. The shadows around the former heirophant deepened, and from them issued forth a dense blackness that consumed all light. As if an unthinkably thick smoke, or fog, it broke into streams and circled around the Subsumed priest and his minion, cutting them from from sight. Within, it was thick and cloying, clinging to their arms and legs like a syrup.

Only then did Silhouette call out, "He's had too long to prepare his protections! This will slow him down, but we must go NOW!"

She waved Thrak back, and headed away from the temple door as best she could.

"I don't suppose anyone has a Teleportation spell they can use?" the tiefling asked wryly. "We're taking far too much time for my liking."

(OOC - Sorry for getting paralyzed. Taking decisive, unilateral action like that isn't something I'm always comfortable with, and I let it delay my response. To those who wanted to fight, I apologize especially...but this is how Sil's mind works. I hope we can make it a point of IC contention and debate rather than an OOC one? :))
 

log in or register to remove this ad

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
She twined her hands sinuously and chanted a siblant whisper. The shadows around the former heirophant deepened, and from them issued forth a dense blackness that consumed all light. As if an unthinkably thick smoke, or fog, it broke into streams and circled around the Subsumed priest and his minion, cutting them from from sight. Within, it was thick and cloying, clinging to their arms and legs like a syrup.
After the solid fog has cloaked the High Artificer, there is short dry chuckle from deep within the center of the magical mist then silence.

Outside the fog, near its edge, the unholy flames burning on the two fiery undead lick at the edges of the fog around. Keth, who was standing next to what was once the acolyte Calarek, stands 5 feet back from the edge of the magical vapors. They seem to want to reach out and cling to him. The fog's seems to fizzle near the two undead, What was Calarek stands right up against the solid fog but isn't cloaked by the mists. Watching the flames interact with the mist's edge is eerie.

Outside the fog, Dakashi loses sight of the High Artificer.
 
Last edited:


Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
On Dakashi's next turn, two more energy currents (electricity) for the High Artificer.
Dakashi prepares to fire two more currents then...

Silhouette . . . twined her hands sinuously and chanted a siblant whisper. The shadows around the former heirophant deepened, and from them issued forth a dense blackness that consumed all light. As if an unthinkably thick smoke, or fog, it broke into streams and circled around the Subsumed priest and his minion, cutting them from from sight. Within, it was thick and cloying, clinging to their arms and legs like a syrup.

Only then did Silhouette call out, "He's had too long to prepare his protections! This will slow him down, but we must go NOW!"
Thalamond disappears from Dakashi's vision as the tiefling's solid fog spell engulfs the High Artificer. The elan knows the man likely can't move so he lets loose two more bolts of electricity to where the High Artificer is/was standing and hopes for the best. The electric current cuts through the fog causing a eerie halo effect as it hits the fog and then penetrates to where the ex-cleric of Gond hovers. The energy currents hit the mark but the High Artificer makes no sound of being hurt by them.

"Not this time, elan." Thalamond says with a mocking tone.

The blazing bones that was Calarek turns towards Keth standing near him. The former acolyte raises a bony hand and hurls a ball of flame the size of Keth's head towards the elven duskblade. The fiery ball misses the gold elf, just over his head. Any closer and it would have singed his hair.

OOC: Total Concealment (50% miss chance) > 1st energy current 1d100=30 (hits); 2nd energy current 1d100=6 (hits) | Thalamond's Reflex saves > 1d20+7=17 (failed); 1d20+7=19 (failed). | Blazing bones hurl's fire at Keth > 1d20+5=17 (miss).
 

Salthorae

Imperial Mountain Dew Taster
Stunned at the sight of a Subsumed, Shazer’a freezes momentarily. With a shake of his head and a mutter, mostly to himself, subsumed are actually real..? Shaz is about to charge forward when the tiefling throws up a mass of fog between himself and the creature. Then he sees one of the others from the harbor fight throw lightning at the Subsumed to seeming no effect.

In the instant before the fog drops the veil between the group and the Subsumed cleric, Shazer’a quickly analyzes the magical auras around the former high priest and his eyes widen. "He is shielded from all energy based attacks and low level magics of all kind… I’ve only heard of the subsumed in story. We should pull back and regroup, the people may suffer, but we must remember our mission to protect Haspur. Let us fall back to his position.”

Curiosity overcoming better sense even as he backs away, Shaz pulls the stage sphere from the armory out to see if it has any effect on or from the subsumed presence. He then pulls back 30’ and readies his plasma rifle and prepares to cover the retreat of others.
 

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Rodan agrees as he pulls his pistol and does the same, "If we could pull down his defenses we might have a chance, and that's a long might. Add in his new undead companion and we have our hands full!"
 

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Stunned at the sight of a Subsumed, Shazer’a freezes momentarily. With a shake of his head and a mutter, mostly to himself, subsumed are actually real..? Shaz is about to charge forward when the tiefling throws up a mass of fog between himself and the creature. Then he sees one of the others from the harbor fight throw lightning at the Subsumed to seeming no effect.

In the instant before the fog drops the veil between the group and the Subsumed cleric, Shazer’a quickly analyzes the magical auras around the former high priest and his eyes widen. "He is shielded from all energy based attacks and low level magics of all kind… I’ve only heard of the subsumed in story. We should pull back and regroup, the people may suffer, but we must remember our mission to protect Haspur. Let us fall back to his position.”
Idriane is appalled by the sight of the undead in her temple. She listens to Shazer'a's warning with some trepidation. Her face is an open window, as she steels herself for what must come next.

Curiosity overcoming better sense even as he backs away, Shaz pulls the stage sphere from the armory out to see if it has any effect on or from the subsumed presence. He then pulls back 30’ and readies his plasma rifle and prepares to cover the retreat of others.
The sphere continues to tingle, slightly, in his hand, but it doesn't seem affected by the presence of the subsumed cleric. It remains a mystery to be solved at a later date.

Rodan agrees as he pulls his pistol and does the same, "If we could pull down his defenses we might have a chance, and that's a long might. Add in his new undead companion and we have our hands full!"
"I- I cannot just leave my peers in this state," Idriane insists. "They must be put to rest, somehow. Plus, there are a few prisoners in the temple's cells below. If he can turn good people like Calarek and your friend into these things, what will he be able to do to them?"

The cleric of Gond calls out to Gond and motions towards Calarek. A ray of bright light fires out at her former ally. "Be at rest, Cal." The ray of sun powered light hits the blazing bones and hurts it badly. It screams in anger as the divine light sears it, but it remains standing.

The blazing bones that was Hadyri moves towards Soumral and grabs the elven woman trying to hold her tight. It then activates its firestorm ability, engulfing Soumral and those within 30 feet in another blaze of fire.

OOC: Idriane > Searing light (ranged touch attack) 1d20+3=16 (hit); Damage > 5d6=19 | Since Soumral is magically held, the grapple is automatically successful. I will give her another save to break free of the hold person since she is being attacked. But, while grappled, she gets no save against the firestorm explosion.
 


Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Soumral manages to break free of the restraining magic as Hadyri grabs her forcing her to struggle to free herself from its grip.
As the mental barrier falls, the firestorm from the blazing bones erupts all around her, as what was once Hadyri holds her fast. The flames burn her deep but it could have been worse.

OOC: She takes 13 damage, unless she has active protections from fire. She is no longer grappled after the Firestorm ends, as Hadyri's undead body has to come apart for the ability to work. The blazing bones recombines in front of her.
 

KainG

Explorer
Keth raised his arms to protect his face. He hisses through clenched teeth as the flames burn his skin. However, the pain is offset by his relief to see Soumral able to move again. "We cannot allow him to use our companions for any more evil! We must put them to rest, and then regroup!" he shouts. The elf charges his blade with shocking grasp and swings at the undead that was once Calarek.


OOC:
Reflex save: [1d20+6] = 8+6 = 14
Courtblade attack: [1d20+14] = 3+14 = 17; Damage: [1d10+4] = 8+4 = 12 plus [5d6] = 15 electricity from shocking grasp
 

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads

Top