Valley of the Dead: Chapter 1 "A gathering of heroes"

Voda Vosa

First Post
OOC: Do I have that gold? Oh nevermind.

"It is from Thok God. It is no use for you. You can't touch it, and it is cursed. You should pay me to take it away!" protests Thok. "God told me I should kill whomever had sword. Me no kill if you give willingly." Thok slowly stands, to his towering heigh, hoping his words were enough to peace the greed of the man

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"Thok you speak from the heart and ye speak truly," Kye says.

Turning to mister Hatley he puts on a serious tone. "Innkeep, ye should be overjoyed to be a part of thy designs of the very gods. And twice over to help those that are here, by the will of the gods, to bring peace to these poor lands."

"Yet ye have to indeed survive thy ownself in these times. So what say ye offer over thy precious blade to he who is destined to wield it. And we will promise to protect and provide for you and yours till the lands are wiped clean of evil."

Myth and Legend

First Post
Hatley rubs his chin, looking at the Helmite and the Barbarian. "Hmm, yer right. The dead should stay dead. It'd be bad for business if they breached the town. It'd be bad indeed. Fine then, take the blade Half-Orc." with that he turns around and goes behind the bar. Merry smiles and winks at Kye, as she tends to some newly arrived patrons.

"Ferviel said ye should get to the Cathedral before Second Bell. So ye'd better finish up yer breakfast and move out, the streets 'all get busy soon." Hatley shouts as he rubs the bar down with an old looking rag.

As the group returns to have their breakfast, Merry leans in and pulls Thok's sleave, whispering in his ear. "You dreamed of Jill? I had a dream about her too. I've been having dreams for the past few months. I can't see her face but i know it's her. Sometimes she is doing mischief, other times... - the girl pauses for a moment. - I worry about her. Tell me if you dream of anything else, please."

[sblock=Kye]The morning ritual had went well for Kye, despite the uncomfortable surroundings in the room. Yasaderian had been filled with divine energy, but the priest did not know what effect that had on the weapon. Suddenly he hears words in his mind, a strong voice speaking with the accent of a noble. "Thine aptitude of the tongue is remarkable. I shall aid you in times when thine foes turn deaf ears to thine preaching."[/sblock]

[sblock]OK you guys, finish up here and head on to the Cathedral. The backpack is full of Sensalar's equipment, you may do what you wish with it.

Also, Yasaderian is now a + 1, Ghost Touched, Undead Bane, Bastard Sword. it is also an Intelligent item.

Thok's new sword is a + 1 Thundering, Berserker, Greatsword. The Berserker enchantment can be found in the Magic Item Compendium, page 29. It allows you to deal an extra 1d8 damage while raging. The sword also Nauseates anyone who wields it and is not an Orc of Half Orc.

Theroc: I'll get you a new shiny later on :)[/sblock]

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Thanks master Hatley." thanks the half orc as he straps the greatsword scabbard around his chest.

When Merry pulls his and whispers about the dreams, Thok frowns. "Thok doesn't know. He's not too good with dreams either. In Thok's dream, little Jill helped Thok, and bothered him at the same time. Little Jill also survived lake witch attacks. Even Kye ran away from Lake Witch, and he's brave. Thok only knows Jill is no common lad."

Theroc

First Post
Alevyth blinked at the scene, though he was glad he didn't have to restrain the orc he'd protected earlier. Helm must have been watching out for the innkeep himself... or perhaps through the cleric?

As he heard of where Adelaide had gone, the young man rose. "I believe I will go to see her, as I do not believe I have any business here... I bid you all a good day, and I look forward to aiding you in battle against the hordes of pitiable undead in the valley." And with that said, he turned to head over to where Adelaide would be. Whether he could actually SEE her yet was another matter, but he rather felt that she was his liaison with the Lathandrians... and so he went to where she was to prepare... after all, she would certainly have a better concept of what lay ahead than he.

[sblock=OOC]
Haha, I was kindof wondering about that, but I figured you'd get to me later. I did vanish after all... though it appears I just missed that one encounter and a bit of discussion... luckily.[/sblock]

Malachei

First Post
Lórquelië Coranarya extended her hand to embrace the warmth of the flames, but they do not reach her heart. Motionless, she listens to the Paladin. A shiver runs down her spine, cool as the first frost, and the nape of her neck reacts with the slightest shiver, indiscernible to everyone but the most attentive observer, but she can feel the silvery hair of her nape rise. He thinks I am too weak, too frail. Like a winter rose, he thinks, and he sees me in a castle of stone, all cold and beautiful, protected by stout men in steel, and frozen forever.

Her voice is little more than a whisper, she seems to embrace the silence, hesitant to break it, maybe not strong enough to banish it. She takes care to look slightly past the Paladin. „Indeed, Lord Trimenheim, my mistress is wise and powerful. She has sent me without hesitation, and I will not delay.“ She pauses, thus emphasizing the bluntness of her question: „Where do we start?“

No, Lórquelië had no time for the lesser courteousness of men. In her veins, she was bound by a different sanguine flow, another destiny, ancient and full of mystery. And although her kin was blessed with ages to walk the world, she felt she had no time.

She takes in the church's rosewater smell with a slow, weary breath. The light reflects silver on her dark hair, sending tiny sparks running over the blueish strands. Uneasily, she rearranges her white silken robe, resting her hands in her lap.

Last edited:

Remove ads