• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

{Vampire: The Masquerade - OOC} New York by Night

Krizzel

First Post
If you need more players I'll play - I don't want to displace any of the originals though. I'd been following the game a little bit since I wanted to see how it was run. I don't really like the WoD that much from my past experience (not a big fan of their rules :p ), but what Ashrem was doing looked pretty cool.

I like the idea of the city with a power vacuum where all the vampires are trying to claim their place in the hierarchy. It doesn't really have to be NYC though - could be any decently large city. Heck if you want to avoid continuity problems or stepping on what Ashrem had planned you could always set it in 'Gotham' city, meaning an alternate NYC.

Ashrem Bayle

Explorer
Krizzel said:
Heck if you want to avoid continuity problems or stepping on what Ashrem had planned you could always set it in 'Gotham' city, meaning an alternate NYC.

Good idea. But, like I said, don't worry about any plans I might have had.

If I ever decide to run Vampire again, I'm doing it in the Victorian Age.

KitanaVorr

First Post
Ashrem Bayle said:

Good idea. But, like I said, don't worry about any plans I might have had.

If I ever decide to run Vampire again, I'm doing it in the Victorian Age.

Oh! I'm a Victorian Age buff, so if you want some help or want a player for that, think of me!

Ashrem Bayle

Explorer
KitanaVorr said:

Oh! I'm a Victorian Age buff, so if you want some help or want a player for that, think of me!

Will do. I just got Victorian Age: Vampire and London by Night in the mail yesterday.

Anyway, it want be happening anytime soon.

Catulle

Hero
Woah! That's a whole load of rapid responses. Cool. I'll bullet-point my stream-of-consciousness for ease of translation;

1) Looks like sticking with New York is a bright idea. Both from reviewing the thread up to this point in more detail, and gut instinct. I've been reading it over as I sit here, and I just like it more and more as time goes on.

2) If somebody could forward me Kitana's document, that's be great. Or post a link. Something I'm doing is causing me hassle finding it.

3) As I see it, we have 2 storytellers (myself and Jemal) and 4 players for sure (Festy, Ashrem, Salimar and Kitana) who are up for keeping going. I'd say there shouldn't be a huge issue with Krizzel playing, but bear in mind my inexperience here, so don't think I'm setting anything in stone here. Reaper and Vychtorya we could do with hearing from before anything gets finalised as well.

4) That said, inferring from the lessons of the past, it may be wise to keep the details of characters' sheets 'out of the public eye' so to speak - between the Storytellers and the Player in each case. It could also go some way towards preserving the mystery inherent to a horror game. Thoughts on this?

5) So far as my preferences for character creation go; straight out of the Vampire rulebook by preference with anything over 3 dots in terms of abilities, backgrounds or disciplines should be justified fully (and discussed), anything at 5 in terms of attributes. Clan-wise the 6 Camarilla Clans (Brujah, Malkavian, Nosferatu, Toreador, Tremere and Ventrue) by preference. Caitiff I must confess a fondness for as well. Age-wise, I'd have said up to 10 years as Kindred (if you've only just arrived in NYC, otherwise see Ashrem's guidelines) at the most.

6) As with everything else I say, I can be swayed by reason.

7) Nothing I say at this stage goes for Jemal... He may vehemently disagree with me; I'm just keeping some momentum here, essentially.

As ever, feel free to contact me with ideas/feedback/screaming abuse... ;)

Regards,

Barry

Jemal

Adventurer
sounds goood.
So would we be having them create all new characters then, if we're wanting to keep the mystery? I'ld suggest a kinda combo.. Let them change their characters a little, but instead of posting the new/updated characters, e-mail them to the appropriate person.
EH?

Shalimar

First Post
I'll stick with Sabrina as is. No need to change her. She is exactly what I want, whether or not anyone else knows her stats, I don't care, she isn't going to be a schemer or anything at least for a while.

Catulle

Hero
I'd have suggested an armistice, of sorts. If folks ~want~ to make changes, they should feel free to chat with us about doing so. If they like them as is, then more power to them... I'm sure there's nothing we can't work through, in any event.

Regards,

Barry

[Edit - which, on reflection, is almost exactly what Jemal said:- repeat to yourself, Barry "I am an idiot..."]

Last edited:

Remove ads