• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

{Vampire: The Masquerade - OOC} New York by Night

Festy_Dog

First Post
Well, I only post daily.

This was a big read, with a surprising ending as well. I never expected the campaign to be called off, I guess this is the first one I've been in which officially has been. Let me just say that there've been campaigns IRL I've played which have developed arguments within, mostly that brought them to a screeching halt and new ones to be started a while after.

Should Ash find it that he can continue, and should Reaper and Kitana be kewl about things now thats great. But if this campaign can't be resurrected there's no hard feelings, I simply have a ready made character up my sleeve if another V:tM game pops up.

Cheers all. :)

Ashrem Bayle

Explorer
My decision to call the game off came from several directions:

1. Bickering. As I said before, I play these games for fun and to relieve stress. When it starts being a source of stress, I'm ready to stop.

2. I'd be lying if I said that my personal life wasn't at least a little bit responsible. I do most all of my surfing here at work. Now, things here at work have gotten very hectic lately. I took over this game with the clear intention of setting it up, an letting you guys take off with it. This obviously isn't going to happen.

3. I realized that this game might be at an end yesterday. I had a hard day at work and thought I would log in and see how the game was going to relax. Needless to say, what I found was far from relaxing. At that point I had to ask myself if this is the kind of game I want to run. Do I think things would get better? The answer to both was "No".

There are too many personality and playing-style conflicts and at best I believe the game would die off from lack of interest derived from hurt feelings and bruised egos.

The game simply leaves a bad taste in my mouth at this point.
I'll take it as my failure as a Storyteller and consider it an experience to learn from.

Again, I am very sorry, but I have no interest in continuing this game at this time. If you can find a new Storyteller, or work out a way to continue on your own, I wish you all the best of luck.

Catulle

Hero
Now, please feel free to tell me to go take a hike...

I've been lurking ever since Ashrem started the Vampire thread with some interest and I'm sorry things seem to have come to this stage; the marked distinction in tone between the IC and OOC threads commends your ability as roleplayers if nothing else.

I'm not of the opinion (at the moment) that the game as stands is within my capacity to fix, but should you wish to keep playing Vampire as a PbP, I'd be willing to run something.

One proviso that you should be aware of - I've been at this for a little while (tabletop and live for about 5 to 6 years and run both types of game), but my PbP experience is just as limited as my post count will indicate. If you'd be willing to teach, I'd be willing to learn, so to speak. If anybone's interested, just drop me a mail and we can chat more (or respond here, if that's cool with Ashrem?).

Regards and commiserations,

Barry

Festy_Dog

First Post
Well to start things back up we'd need a show of hands, I'd be more than happy to keep going, can't speak for the others of course.

On the matter of learning how to PbP, its very simple. Learning by example is the best method of teaching I find, so if you read up on some other games you'll probably get the idea.

Ashrem Bayle

Explorer
Go ahead Catulle! Feel free.

I'm glad to see someone willing to step in so that these guys didn't waste their time building characters.

In fact, if you guys would have me, I may be interested in playing if you have an open slot. But only if there is an open slot. I wouldn't want one of these guys to get put out.

I originally wanted to play myself. I simply don't have the time, energy, or desire to actually run the game now, but I might be interested in actually playing.

Do you plan to take up my game where I left off, or starting over from scratch?

Bravo Catulle! I'm really glad to see someone willing to resurrect (or reincarnate?) this game.

Jemal

Adventurer
I'ld be in for playing, but I've also got an idea I wanted to try.. Co-runing the game.
It would allow for two of us to tell the story, and would, in my opinion, help the game run more smoothly. Both would have full storyteller abilities, and if we're able to co-ordinate (Not post happenings that are contradictory) it should run quite well. You guys willing to be the guinea-pigs? (No insult intended)

BTW if you hadn't guess by now from my liberal usage of "We" and "Us", I'm volunteering to co-run it if Catulle would like. I'm not quite up to running it by myself right now but I'ld like to get some experience at it, as well as keeping vampires on the board.

KitanaVorr

First Post
Well :p if Jemal, Ash, Shali and Festy going to be in it, then I'll join as well if Catulle doesn't mind me being in there.

Also since my previous character was a Human, I'm not sure if that will fit in with whatever you two may be planning(if youre co-DMing Jemal). I can always make a new one or modify Caitlyn to fit what you plan.

Also, Catulle, I don't have V:tM experience if that's okay with you. This was my first time playing it and i don't have the book either, I've been relying on Shalimar and Ash to guide me along.

:) :p :D

Catulle

Hero
Well, it's good to see there's still interest in the game out there. Of course, we'd have to see what the others think of the idea, so if somebody can contact them, that'd be cool.

Jenal - I'm most intrigued by the offer. There is certainly potential in co-running the game, if we can get it right and coordinate sufficiently. It'd add a back-up angle to things as well, so colour me interested.

Ashrem - I don't see why you shouldn't join in as a player. This is kind of your party, after all. Space shouldn't be an issue, and with Jemal stepping out to co-run it's even less of a problem.

Kitana - Again, I don't foresee a problem with anything you mention. The lack of experience can actually be an asset in Vampire, believe it or not, and the human character can easliy provide great contrast to the others.

So far as the game set-up goes, that'd be pretty much up to the players; I'd be chiefly for keeping the characters, but shifting the city (if, as I suspect, more than one of you live in NY?) to avoid any portrayal pitfalls or stepping all over Ashrem's story ideas. Of course, if popular opinion goes the other way, I'm certainly open to suggestion. Jemal?

Anyhow, I'll leave it at that and see what the others reckon to it all. Please feel free to contact me with any queries.

Regards,

Barry

Ashrem Bayle

Explorer
Hey man, feel free to stomp my story ideas into the ground. Of course, you may have a hard time finding them, since I only had a few even vaguely formed.

If you are interested at all in playing in New York, make sure you download that document that Kitana is hosting. I put it together as a handout to the players and it already has a lot of the work done for you.

Having said that, I really don't care what city we play in. :D

Damn.... now I have to build a character. ;)

I'm thinking a Tremere might be cool.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads