D&D 5E Van Richten’s Guide to Ravenloft Table of Contents

As shared by DMs Guild brand manager Lysa Penrose, the table of contents for the upcoming hardcover Ravenloft setting book.

As shared by DMs Guild brand manager Lysa Penrose.

35E85C77-FBD3-4492-91FA-FDC047A7CEF9.jpeg

B51D989E-38B9-4145-8BD9-6C79BEBEC4EA.jpeg

Waterbizkit

Explorer
And seeing that Kartakass is in the book, it's funny that Wolfweres are nowhere to be found in the Monsters of Ravenloft section...
Loup Garou is right there in the bestiary. I'm curious how they're planning on differentiating them from the werewolves that are already published.

On a more general note, I'm looking forward to this. Quite a bit. I started a campaign a while back where I took Frostmaiden and took in a very horror leaning direction... but we all started to feel burned out, gaming remotely also probably contributed, and I called the campaign off rather shortly after it began. Real shame, put a lot of effort in converting the module over to my personal vision.

Anyway, this may give me the inspiration and energy boost to pick the game back up again.

CapNorge

Explorer
So maybe I missed some lore, and I have not run Curse of Strahd, but why wouldn't Azalin be the lord of Darkon anymore? Always has been one of more favorite characters.

EthanSental

Legend
Supporter
2.) Azalin is NOT the Darklord of Darkon anymore.
4.) Jandar Sunstar is a part of the setting. I don't know how much tie he stil to the Morninglord religion now...
I caught the Azalin not in Darkon but missed the Jander entry, thanks for mentioning. Curious what land he roams, Barovia or another now since end of his novel’s storyline.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Hmm, no racial vampires. Disappointing. I guess I need to look through what's available at DM's Guild.

I hope that Life in the Domains of Dread listing does does heavy lifting and gives us a good-aligned religion for the natives and some information on languages. Each domain having its own language seems unworkable but for some of us, it'll be a little silly to have everyone just speaking Common instead.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
3.) Tepest got a single hag darklord rather than the trio

I’m wondering if the Hags have been demoted, it will interesting to see what scheming Mother Lorinda is doing though

and is Viktra Mordenheim just a gender swap or is there more to it

also a pity that Forlorn has gone from its own box to a ‘Other Domains’

Last edited:

Remove ads

Remove ads