• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

WotC Vecna: Eve of Ruin Player Advice from WotC

Senior designer Amanda Hamon offers advice for players playing through the upcoming Vecna: Eve of Ruin.

Zaukrie

New Publisher
You could, but I could see the players getting lost or confused quickly. There's likely to be hints, clues or encounters from earlier in the adventure that those "coming in late" might miss out on.
How is that any different than clues from being told something. I just didn't see the argument that you can't start in the middle, which was what someone said. I'm possibly wrong though

Reynard

Legend
that's most epic adventures, for something this scale you better believe my players know they are boarding my train
There is nothing wrong with linear adventures as long as everyone knows and is on board (lol). That's why I call them rollercoasters. They're supposed to be fun.

Whether this particular coaster will be fun is still up in the air. WotC adventures have been pretty hit or miss for me. I ended up loving Avernus but not really liking Rime -- which surprised me, because at first I saw it as kind of the CRPG version of a D&D campaign and thought that would work well. In the end it did not really hold together for my group.

Queer Venger

Dungeon Master is my Daddy
There is nothing wrong with linear adventures as long as everyone knows and is on board (lol). That's why I call them rollercoasters. They're supposed to be fun.

Whether this particular coaster will be fun is still up in the air. WotC adventures have been pretty hit or miss for me. I ended up loving Avernus but not really liking Rime -- which surprised me, because at first I saw it as kind of the CRPG version of a D&D campaign and thought that would work well. In the end it did not really hold together for my group.
I agree, Im waiting for balanced reviews of this, but I usually do significant edits and changes to pre-written adventures anyway

Everything in Stairs is lower Level, but I could see someone using the frame of the Genie guy in the Infinite Staircase, and re-do the fight against Vecna as coming from him instead of some Wizards after the party has cleared all the lower Level challenges.

Stairs 1-13, Vecna is 10-20 so there is some over laps.

Zaukrie

New Publisher

The ending of Rime was so mediocre (and there was still more to mine in Dungeon mag....that adventure could have been a great sandbox). Much like I feel about Shattered Obelisk, frankly. ......

Remove ads

Remove ads