• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Veronica Mars - Season Finale! (Spoilers for last 2 seasons okay)

Cthulhudrew

First Post
RichCsigs said:
Okay, one thing that my friends and I have been discussing but couldn't agree on. Was Mac.... violated in the shower? Some are arguing that she was because she was found curled up next to the bed saying, "He took my clothes", rather than angerly running around the room going, "Where are my clothes?" Remember, she didn't know he was dead yet (unless he passed by the bedroom window).

I don't think so, for a couple of reasons. The main one is time- he simply didn't have time to go and violate Mac in the shower and still go up to the rooftop and meet Veronica.

The second is because he really wouldn't have had to- Mac was already willing to go all the way with the Beaver (ba dum bum! I'll be here all week folks!). Cassidy just couldn't perform, and I kind of doubt he'd have been able to suddenly get it up knowing Veronica was on a manhunt for him.

It's certainly possible- Cassidy was pretty messed up, after all. I think the last thing on his mind at that moment was taking advantage of Mac, though.

If anything, I think the fact that all he did was take her clothes and things (to prevent her from leaving the room) was evidence that he actually did care about her. He heavily implied to Veronica that he'd killed her, after all, but clearly didn't. I think he just wanted to make sure that she was out of the way while he dealt with Veronica, and that was the quickest gambit he could come up with.

As for Mac's being curled up and frightened, well- she needn't have been raped to be like that. She's a pretty shy girl in the first place, and to suddenly find herself alone, in a strange hotel room, with no clothes, her cell phone gone, and having been abandoned (once again) by someone she cared about would pretty much take care of the fright all in and of itself.

Fast Learner

First Post
Great point about the hair, d'oh, I missed that.

On Mac, I'd say she was curled up because she was humiliated, which is plenty of reason to curl up and cry. The guy you've been digging on, that you've been trying to sleep with, that you love and have poured your heart out to, when you finally make love he can't follow through, but you reassure him. The moment you turn your back he does something incredibly humiliating to you, especially painful because of all that trust you poured out to him.

Rape is not about sex, though. Cassidy's inability to perform during consensual sex doesn't mean he couldn't do it in violent anger. I just don't think he would have spent the time doing so... he has to meet Veronica asap and it would have taken tons of time to gather up all the clothes and sheets and bedspread and such.

stevelabny

Explorer
That was a great episode. Season 2 wasn't as good as Season 1, but you can't really find fault with it. The fact that most people, myself included, were completely swerved by Beaver is pretty impressive. But I disagree that we didn't have enough clues.

The previous threads all talked about Beaver's odd relationship with Mac and brought up the possibility of him being gay or abused. Others had picked up Woodys boy-attraction earlier, and we knew from a few episodes that he forced himself on an "unknown" boy. And Beaver clearly had a lot to gain from incorporation not going through. I think there were enough clues for us to SUSPECT Beaver, even though we wouldn't have had enough proof to convict him yet.

The episode did a great job of wrapping up a lot of loose (<--look kids, the actual word loose) ends, even if it had to jump through dozens of 10 second scenes to do so.

Pretty much all you can ask for in a season finale.

Staffan

Legend
Mustrum_Ridcully said:
I was surpised Aaron Echolles admitted his guilt to Veronica, but I guess he is relatively safe after beeing found not guilty.
As I recall, he pretty much said so in the last season finale when he was trying to kill Veronica.

Glad that Veronicas father is still alive - but maybe we better wait on what he has to do for Mrs. Casablanca.
My theory for the moment is that she had another camera rigged to film her tryst with Aaron Echolls (for whatever reason), and that it caught Clarence killing him on tape.

One question I don't know the answer about yet (maybe I missed it): Where will Veronica study? I assume she didn't get the Kane scholarship since she missed the test (unfortunately, for one of her biggest defeats...)
Oh, she'll definitely stay in Neptune. The whole show is based around Neptune, moving her away from that would be a serious case of taking a short aerial trip above the Selachimorpha.

Staffan said:
The whole show is based around Neptune, moving her away from that would be a serious case of taking a short aerial trip above the Selachimorpha.
Thanks, you have just enriched my knowledge of the english language. Assuming I can keep that word in my mind for longer than 5 minutes. :)

I assumed that she would stay in Neptune, but it didn't seem to be made clear in the past 2 episodes (though her leaving the test was very clear. It should be obvious by then, especially considering that she explicitely said that she needed to have As in all exams and even than had to be lucky to get the scholarship)

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
How ever it works out, I'm glad they are keeping Vericonia Mars on. It's one of the few shows out there that I like which doesn't try to be "hip" about science or evidence stuff like the CSI shows and their kin.

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Nightfall said:
How ever it works out, I'm glad they are keeping Vericonia Mars on. It's one of the few shows out there that I like which doesn't try to be "hip" about science or evidence stuff like the CSI shows and their kin.
Agree.

I like the style of the show... kind of laid back, kind of cool, kind of film noir.

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Jdvn1,

Yep it's certainly has its own panche.

Another show that I'm looking forward to that has a similiar vein of mystery work done, Pysch.

I'm mostly in it for Dule Hill. He's a great actor.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads